St. Rose Family Medicine RN (Days; Full Time, Great Bend Campus)
St Rose Medical Pavilion
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Licensed RN to work in a clinic setting. Some evening and weekends hours possible.
Great Bend Medical Pavilion:
- Assists physician or physician assistant as instructed. Performs procedures with direction from physician or assistant
- Prepares patient for provider assessment, records patient’s comments and chief complaint, obtains and records measurements and vital signs, performs waived testing when indicated. Knowledgeable of current immunization protocols. Assure completion of required physical exam forms. Screens for function, pain, nutritional needs and signs of abuse.
- Uses sound judgment in carrying out provider orders and initiating independent nurse treatments; clean wounds, administers tetanus, obtains and test lab specimens and performs other screening tests prior to physician or physician assistant exam. Bases judgment on educational background and clinic policies and protocols.
- Documents legibly, accurately, concisely, completely and promptly per professional standards. Knowledgeable in correction of errors, uses only approved abbreviations and correct spelling. Obtains consents and releases per policy and complies with required documentation of summary sheets. Signs all documentation.
- Receives and returns patient phone calls. Consults provider for orders. Enters documentation in chart. Monitors patient test results. Relays results to patients.
- Performs lab quality control testing. Records testing results on daily log and on required forms.
- Assures there are no outdated supplies in the exam rooms. No lab controls used beyond expiration limit.
- Initiate emergency care per department and hospital policy. Maintains CPR certification and nursing license.
- Attends pharmaceutical presentations for education of new medications and updates on current drugs. Distributes educational material to patients. Manages time for education of patients with comprehension difficulty.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; prior experience in specialty field preferred; knowledge of general nursing theory and practice required.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of Kansas or has work permit from the State Board of Nursing
- BLS certification required or must complete BLS certification with in the first two weeks of employment.
- 2 years clinic nurse experience
- Prior experience in specialty field preferred
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.