Occupational Health RN (Days; Full Time, Great Bend Campus)
St Rose Medical Pavilion
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Responsible to promote the health and well-being of all staff by health assessment, education, immunizations, bloodborne pathogen exposure, implement diagnostic testing including ordering of tests (labs, imaging) and medications (under the direction/supervision
of a physician), and workplace injury programs; maintains log of incidents related to infections and communicable diseases, educates staff on issues related to regulatory requirements, responsible for quality assurance of Employee health by reporting monthly statistics related to communicable diseases, and employee exposures.
Responsible for occupational health services that are provided to community entities.
- Works in conjunction with Employee Health Nurse to cover occupational health as well as employee health needs for The University of Kansas Great Bend Campus.
- Works in conjunction with the Employee Health Nurse to maintaining and update the exposure control plan/policy on an annual basis; providing bloodborne pathogen, environmental and communicable disease exposures to staff; coordinating bloodborne pathogen exposures by counseling exposed staff.
- Works with workers compensation representative to ensure proper reporting; reviews laboratory and imaging tests and makes recommendations for further testing; provides required exposure follow-up
- Collects and assesses initial and on-going data about the health status of the patient.
- Initiates and/or revises an individualized plan of care that includes immediate and long-term outcomes for the patient/family and reflects the plan of the entire health care team.
- Carries out interventions safely and in compliance with policy to facilitate achievement of expected outcomes to both the pediatric and adult patient population.
- Evaluates patient response to intervention/therapy based upon expected outcomes.
- Provides patient education by explaining procedures, medications and giving instructions at a level the patient can understand; addresses patient’s questions and concerns; verifies patient informed consent when indicated.
- Documents and communicates all required components of patient care.
- Initiate insurance pre-authorizations needed for all medications and imaging procedures.
- Coordinates insurance approved referrals to specialists.
- Proficiently carries out IV insertion, lab draws, catheter insertion, dressing changes, EKGs and point of care testing.
- RN duties as assigned
- Workers Compensation Liaison in the Rural Health Clinics
- Works in physician clinics as needed and as directed by Director of Nursing and Clinical Operations
- Works in collaboration with employers and insurance representatives to communicate care and inform of patient’s work restrictions.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Registered Nurse
- 3 years of nursing experience in acute care setting
- Knowledge of general nursing and practice
- One-year experience in employee health, occupational health, community health or related field.
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.