Clinic Nurse Manager- Urology Clinic (Full-time; Days)
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Supervises and administers the nursing services by planning, directing and coordinating processes regarding operations and protocols in the clinic.
- Provides positive leadership by an environment of teamwork, open communication and customer service.
- Assists in developing financial budget to achieve corporate strategies and financial targets, manages areas of responsibility to optimize revenue and reduce costs.
- Assists in managing policies and work instructions for compliance with regulatory standards and to improve the overall operation of the facility.
- Responsible for human resources processes including interviewing and orientating staff, ongoing performance management and timekeeping/scheduling and required documentation.
- Oversees the collection of patient identification and demographics, HIPAA forms, insurance information, collects co-pay, and documents indicated signs and symptoms, and consent for treatment.
- Oversees and assists with scheduling appointments, tests and procedures; sends patient communication regarding appointments/tests/procedures; completes and maintains registration process; maintains current knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes; maintains fax queue; prepares, maintains and files/scans records.
- Oversees and assists with the completeness of charge ticket; forwards charge tickets to Central Billing Office, assists patients/customers with billing problems or questions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of Kansas or has work permit from the State Board of Nursing
- BLS certification required or must complete BLS certification with in the first two weeks of employment.
HIPAA: This position will have access to the following Protected Health Information in order to carry out the duties related to their position at Hays Medical Center based on the following criteria:
Primary - required (routine) to do the job
Secondary - required for the job, but mostly be exception
None - no approved access
Description of Information Level
- Patient Demographic Information (information used to identify a person): Name, Date of Birth, Address, Race, Marital Status, Religion
- Clinical Information (information that describes a patient's health status): Diagnosis, Reports/Medical Notes, Test Results, Problem List, Procedures, History and Physical
- Coding Information (clinical information that is in (alpha) numeric format): ICD-9 Codes, Rev Codes, CPT Codes
- Financial Information/Insurance (information related to insurance, billing and payment): Billing Information, Payer Name, Payer ID, Account Balances, Plan Elements Covered, Payment Information, Payment Rates
Initial and Ongoing training in dealing with infection control. Training's could include but are not limited to, blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and bio hazardous materials as it applies to your daily work environment.
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.