Clinical Nurse (Registered Nurse) - Emergency Department
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Clinical Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care. Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care. Performs other duties as assigned.
We are currently hiring for a Clinical Nurse (Registered Nurse) in our Emergency Department.
Various Shifts Available
Emergency Department Care
This department is nationally recognized as a Lantern award recipient and is the only nationally verified Level 1 Trauma Center in the Greater Kansas City area. As a result, our nurses work in an exciting and fast-paced environment caring for adults and pediatric patients. Our 43 bed state-of-the-art facility, located on the ground floor of the Center for Advanced Heart Care, allows us to treat patients who have the most serious injuries and illnesses. With patient volumes over 62,000 patients per year there is never a dull moment. Opportunities
to be involved in trauma, triage, stroke, chest pain and emergency preparedness committees allow our staff opportunities for continued advancement.
The University of Kansas Health System is the region’s premier academic medical center recognized for quality by:
U.S. News & World Report ranks The University of Kansas Hospital as the best in Kansas City and in Kansas.
The hospital is the first in Kansas to earn Magnet designation for nursing excellence and one of few to earn it 3 consecutive times.
Our health system ranks 5th among 99 academic medical centers, earning Vizient’s 2018 Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership Award
- Provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population.
- Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Patient Care Services - Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHS. Must have at least 2 years of RN experience.
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- 6 months or more experience as a Clinical Nurse
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.