Home Infusion Field Nurse - Full Time
Position Summary / Career Interest:
A Home Infusion Field Nurse will provide clinical expertise, coordination of care, and education for patients, physicians, nursing agencies, pharmacists, insurance case managers, and hospital based case managers in order to enhance and facilitate patient care. The Home Infusion Field Nurse will be responsible to provide essential in-home IV infusion medical treatment, response management and follow up care to our clients after receiving a physician order for nursing services. The Home Infusion Field Nurse will administer and monitor patient in the home during treatment and provide the necessary education on treatment regimen, condition management and treatment self-administration when appropriate. This is a multi-faceted role of nurse and trainer; and the individual must be calm, profession with the ability and willingness to work with a wide range of personality types in a variety of environments.
- Provide patient clinical coordination in a variety of environments including home, hospital infusion clinic, and doctor offices.
- Initiates patient education prior to patient’s hospital discharge to provide initial patient teaching on drug, equipment, etc. to allow for a safe discharge home related to home infusion therapy.
- Conducts a physical examination of the patient, including vital signs, physical assessment, mental status, etc. - Evaluates the patient’s environment and educates family members in caring for the patient.
- Provides patient teaching and/or instructions of medication, disease process, use and maintenance of home infusion therapy and appropriate vascular access devices.
- Coordinates with pharmacists and others on the care team to address changes in patient condition or drug management issues.
- Documents all interactions and communication with patients and their plan of treatment, assessment, treatments, and responses/reactions to treatment, status of disease process and education in a timely manner.
- Complete training for new/specialty infusion therapies.
- Organizes and manages a patient caseload.
- Demonstrates compliance with professional standards, regulations, policies and procedures along with accreditation standards.
- Responds promptly and appropriately to patient and care team requests.
- Understands and articulates the University of Kansas Health System’s scope of services.
- Participates in department on-call responsibilities.
- All other duties assigned.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- High school diploma
- RN required
- Strong venous access skills must be able to access peripheral veins
- MO & KS RN license
- Unrestricted driver’s license in state of residence with access to a vehicle for business travel with proof in insurance.
- 2-5 years of vascular access or infusion experience
- Previous home infusion experience strongly preferred
- CRNI certification
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.