RN - Heart Cath Lab (Full-time; Days)
Hays Medical Center
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The RN assumes the responsibility for the nursing processes of assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation needed to deliver safe, evidence based care within their scope of practice.
- Collects and assesses initial and on-going data about the health status of the patient.
- Initiates and/or revises an individualized plan of care that includes immediate and long-term outcomes for the patient/family and reflects the plan of the entire health care team.
- Carries out interventions safely and in compliance with policy to facilitate achievement of expected outcomes.
- Evaluates patient response to intervention/therapy based upon expected outcomes.
- Provides patient education by explaining procedures, medications and giving instructions at a level the patient can understand; addresses patient’s questions and concerns; verifies patient informed consent when indicated.
- Documents and communicates all required components of patient care.
- Assists the doctor in performing interventional procedures like cardiac catheterizations, valvuloplasties, and angioplasties.
- Assists the doctor in inserting pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defirbrillators (ICDs).
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (BSN required or must obtain within 4 years of employment)
- Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice required
- As of April 1, 2016: Cardiac Rhythms class or must complete within six months of employment.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques involved in performing general nursing services and adapting or modifying standards of nursing practices for care of specific medical cases.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of Kansas or has work permit from the State Board of Nursing
- BLS within 2 weeks of employment
- ACLS certification required or must complete after six months of meeting base competencies
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) certified preferred
HIPAA: This position will have access to the following Protected Health Information in order to carry out the duties related to their position at Hays Medical Center based on the following criteria:
Primary - required (routine) to do the job
Secondary - required for the job, but mostly be exception
None - no approved access
Description of Information Level
- Patient Demographic Information (information used to identify a person): Name, Date of Birth, Address, Race, Marital Status, Religion
- Clinical Information (information that describes a patient's health status): Diagnosis, Reports/Medical Notes, Test Results, Problem List, Procedures, History and Physical
- Coding Information (clinical information that is in (alpha) numeric format): ICD-9 Codes, Rev Codes, CPT Codes
- Financial Information/Insurance (information related to insurance, billing and payment): Billing Information, Payer Name, Payer ID, Account Balances, Plan Elements Covered, Payment Information, Payment Rates
Initial and ongoing training in dealing with infection control. Training's could include but are not limited to, blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and bio hazardous materials as it applies to your daily work environment.
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.