Nurse Manager- Inpatient Burn Unit
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Nurse Manager is accountable for the overall operations of the unit. Is responsible on a continual basis for the quality of patient care, customer (external and internal) service, and cost-efficient operation of the unit. Supports the Hospital mission and strategic plan, budgeting and resource allocation, organizational policy and overall management plan of the Department of Nursing.
Inpatient Burn Unit
These nurses work with an experienced multi-disciplinary team, using the latest diagnostic and therapeutic techniques to help patients heal from burns, complex skin disorders, slow-to-heal wounds and reconstructive surgeries. Our Burnett Burn Center is an adult and pediatric verified burn center that provides acute and intensive inpatient care to those who need specialized treatment and rehab interventions..
The center features two hydrotherapy bays, an operating room suite, a nutrition center and a physical therapy gym. We also closely collaborate with the outpatient burn and wound care clinic to provide ongoing specialized wound care in the outpatient setting which may include hyperbaric oxygen therapy to enhance healing.
We are currently hiring for a Nurse Manager for the Inpatient Burn Center.
- Achieve business and organization goals, visions and objectives.
- Administer corrective action to employees not meeting requirements of their jobs.
- Analyzing, reporting, giving recommendations and developing strategies on how to improve quality and satisfaction.
- Create a unit budget and manage to this by monitoring staffing, supplies, travel, equipment, volume, revenue, charges, education, and food.
- Identifying problems, providing solutions and courses of actions.
- Interact in a positive, professional manner with evidence of conflict resolution skills.
- Maintain a presence on the unit.
- Primary involvement in employee selection, career development, succession planning and periodic training.
- Role Model professional nursing practice through collaboration with staff, leadership, patients, families and physicians.
- Serve as a mentor for staff developing into leadership roles .
- Supervise and manage the overall performance and technical competencies of staff in his/her department.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing required
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- Professional Nursing Certification
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.