*Interventional Radiology Nurse (RN)
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Our IR team is one of the largest in the country and sees more than 65 patients a day of all ages, which puts us in the top 1 percent of all academic hospitals. We provide treatments not available anywhere else in the region. Our highly skilled team works with advanced imaging technologies to target and treat complex conditions and perform minimally invasive procedures.
**Watch this short video for more information about our IR Teams!**https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEYxoxMyOBE&t=3s
The Interventional Radiology Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery through collaboration with all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care. We are looking for nurses who pride themselves on providing exceptional patient care, autonomous practice and teamwork.
We are seeking nurses who are energized and eager to work with cutting edge technologies and procedures. To be successful in this role you will need to be confident, independent, and a team oriented nurse.
- **Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and/or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- *Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties and may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Complete comprehensive patient assessment specific to clinical area/unit. -
- Delegates tasks appropriately within scope of practice to ancillary personnel and performs the necessary follow up.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and time management in patient care. Responds appropriately to emergencies.
- Demonstrates good time management and prioritization skills. -
- Documents all aspects of care thoroughly per hospital policy. -
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care at all times (med admin, handoffs, etc.).
- Integrates patient and family teaching in daily routine in identification of expected outcomes and goals.
- Participates in department quality improvement efforts. -
- Under the direction of a physician, performs moderate and deep sedation on patients and conducts appropriate monitoring, assessments, interventions, and documentation as required by policy.
- Ensures appropriate recovery of all patients per hospital policy.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- **Perioperative & Procedures - For ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017; must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHA
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- BLS certification required upon hire
- 6 months or more experience as a clinical nurse
- CCRN, CEN, CRN, TNCC certifications
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.