Clinical Informatics Program Lead
Position Summary / Career Interest:
Nursing informatics is a specialty that integrates nursing science, computer science and information science to manage and communicate data, information, knowledge and wisdom. This role reports to Clinical Informatics. This role requires expert skills in the practice of Informatics to assure information system value through quality, safety and user experience. This role includes primary functions such as, program management facilitation, project leadership, mentoring, system and process analysis, data standards assurance and system adoption. Analysis consists of developing and maintaining program strategies, including the evaluation of industry trends in program area, developing tactics to achieve program goals, and alignment to the health system strategy. Program maintenance assurance with consideration to policy, compliance, evidence, quality, operational standardization, workflow implications, reliability and usability of the system. Assurance of data quality and standards consisting of standardized terminology, discrete data concepts, decision support tools, data warehousing, data mining.
The goal of this role is to provide expert informatics knowledge delivery to support the performance improvement of professional clinical practice using information systems. Desired results include user adoption of the EHR, data transformation for clinical decision support, research and business intelligence, interoperability of the EHR, and to achieve optimal patient quality outcomes as a result of system support.
This role will support our Physician Experience Program.
- Analysis: Demonstrates expert informatics analysis skills to plan, manage, problem solve, mitigate risk in the deployment of applications and work process transformations through governance navigation (decision making/policy), workflow and information system design development. Ability to work independently and mentor others. Able to prioritize work according to deadlines and organizational initiatives to produce assigned outcomes. Provides evaluation and consultation for complex enterprise-wide technology needs.
- Data and Informatics Standards: Demonstrates expert understanding of data transformation, data quality and Informatics standards that allow for the integration of data, information and knowledge to support decision support and business intelligence (data warehousing). Develops and implements data and Informatics standards to support program functions. Demonstrates ability to facilitate data and information flow through the continuum. Communicates and upholds standards through the request and project lifecycles. Mentors peers, Informatics Analysts and Informatics specialists on data and informatics standards. Develops and facilitates review cycles to ensure standards are maintained over time.
- Change Management: Assures change management theories and strategically plans communication, education and support plans. Participates in software system projects and development life cycles: planning, analysis, design, limited build, testing and limited training. Functions as informatics specialist expert to assure clinical adoption across the system. Soliciting expert input and end user feedback ongoing. Translates business conceptual improvements and strategies into technology solution design by leveraging core Informatics principles. Participates in Health System projects as a lead Informaticist. Participates in and supports portfolio management processes by participating in concept evaluations and cost estimations for Health System projects.
- Quality Management: Assures the use of quality methodologies, including PSDA process and metric/KPI identification, for standardizing processes in accordance with current evidence, quality initiatives, regulatory compliance, billing compliance. Assures performance improvement outcomes achievement with implementations.
- Usability: Demonstrates expert informatics knowledge of and application of usability concepts. Develops usability standards to continuously improve the user experience. Proactive identification of system enhancements to improve user experience and system performance.
- Distributed Build: Responsible for limited build through the distributed build program after trained and/or certified as appropriate for the software supported. Supports Analysts and Specialists by being a resource for questions, design and build review, and testing support.
- Educates: Acts as mentor, role model, educator and champion for end users in understanding, utilizing, optimizing and designing systems and processes to increase efficiency and quality of evidence-based care provision. Applies adult learning theories and principals within the design of educational delivery generation. Develops informatics program competencies and education tactics. Mentors analysts and specialists to help develop strong core informatics skills.
- Process Management: Demonstrates expert knowledge of system life cycles and complies with defined framework for system implementation for developing, reviewing, approving and disseminating changes to support operational/business standards and processes. Contributes to the ongoing improvement of standards. Demonstrates expert process management skills by facilitating complex changes through implementation and post implementation monitoring.
- Program Leadership: Team lead of informatics service program(s). Develops and implements processes to improve program services, measure progress towards goals and to grow Health System Informatics services and capabilities.
- Information System Knowledge: Demonstrates proficient understanding of the technical capabilities of our current application systems and has integrated system knowledge to facilitate process redesign and continued improvement. Proactively seeks out learning opportunities to improve skills and system. Uses resources available to further enhance knowledge deficits. Shares and disseminates knowledge to others.
- Professional Growth: Supports hospital strategic goals by continuously enhancing knowledge and competency in the emerging field of Nursing Informatics and Informatics Industry standards. Contributes to the advancement of the practice of nursing informatics within the organization and within the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree Nursing
- KS Nursing License/MO Nursing License as appropriate
- BLS Certification
- Minimum of three (3) years direct patient care experience; literature search/review experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years Informatics experience
- EPIC Proficiency/Certification within 6 months of orientation completion; as designated by role requirements
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.