Clinical Nurse (Registered Nurse) - Rehab Medicine (Acute Care Division)
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Clinical Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care. Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care. Performs other duties as assigned.
Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
Adult patients of all ages rely on Rehabilitation Medicine to help them recover from debilitating injuries and illnesses and learn to care for themselves using adaptive techniques and equipment. Our goal is to help the patient return back to home, community, and work. Our staff cares for patients with brain and spinal cord injuries, neurological diseases, multiple trauma, complex burns, organ transplants, cancer, pulmonary, cardiac, and renal conditions and patients with debility recovering from complex medical and surgical conditions.
The Rehab Unit is housed in a four-story facility on the southwest corner of 39th Street and Rainbow Boulevard. The facility's second floor offers space for the hospital's Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Facility and also offers patients and staff improved environment, services and equipment. The facility offers a wide range of patient amenities, including a large gym, large showers in each room to accommodate shower benches and shower-chairs, and a kitchen and laundry to help patients prepare for self-care at home. It also offers home-like features, such as a family lounge, sleeper couches in patient rooms, and a dining room where patients can dine as a group.
- Provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population.
- Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Patient Care Services - Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Inpatient Acute Rehab - Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Inpatient Acute Rehab - For ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHA
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas or compact license
- 6 months to 2 years' experience as a Clinical Nurse
- BSN - Inpatient Acute Rehab accepts ADN grads who are willing to complete a BSN within 5 years of date of hire
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.