Clinical Nurse (Registered Nurse) - Internal & Family Medicine PCU - HC7 (Acute Care Division)
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Clinical Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care. Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care. Performs other duties as assigned.
HC 7 Family & Internal Medicine PCU
This 32-bed telemetry progressive care unit specializes in Family Medicine and Internal Medicine. Patient diagnoses range anywhere from COPD exacerbations, pancreatitis, non-healing wounds, pulmonary emboli, etc. The top two patient diagnoses on the unit are heart failure exacerbations and sepsis.
This welcoming unit is fast paced but has exceptional teamwork and prides itself on taking care of one another while taking great care of patients. Time management and prioritization are needed and you can gain experience with stable trachs, PEG tubes, ostomies, catheters, and wound drains. We are always looking for proactive teamwork in this nurturing environment that provides the challenge you are looking for. Our nurse to patient ratio is normally 4:1.
A unique feature about this unit is the working relationship with the physicians. Several simulations have been completed including rapid response and code blue simulations. We pass the most medications, call the most behavioral and rapid responses out of any progressive care unit. If you like the buzz and movement similar of an ED environment, this might be the unit for you! This unit is also the only unit at the hospital to have their physicians shadow their nurses are a part of their orientation experience.
- Provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population.
- Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
- Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Patient Care Services - Bachelors's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- ADN prepared nurses hired after February 24, 2017, must complete BSN degree by the fifth anniversary of employment as an RN with UKHS. Must have at least 2 years of RN experience.
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- 6 months or more experience as a Clinical Nurse
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.