NURSE MANAGER - EP Cardiovascular; Ambulatory
Position Summary / Career Interest:
We have an opening for an EP (electrophysiology) Nurse Manager with our Cardiology clinic. The Nurse Manager manages practice of professional nursing and delivery of care for non-hospitalized or ambulatory patients within a department, procedural area, and/or infusion area. May manage more than one physical location. Provides clinical supervision and direction. Ensures regulatory compliance, maintains quality and safety outcomes. Supervises all aspects of personnel management and development. Works in collaboration with department leadership, administration and nursing leadership.
- Achieve business and organization goals, visions and objectives.
- Manages the delivery of nursing care and practice of professional nursing for non-hospitalized patients (ambulatory population) within a specified department, procedural area, and/or infusion area.
- Collaborates with liaison departments in maintaining patient care standards utilizing evidence based practice as applicable.
- Participates in clinical nursing research and supports The University of Kansas Health System research activities.
- Assists with front and back office as needed to Identify and resolves issues affecting patient flow and the delivery of care.
- Manages operation of assigned areas by analyzing personnel structure, determining staffing needs, monitoring productivity, and providing direction that reflects patient and family needs across the continuum of care to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides supervision, evaluates performance, conducts selection and termination process.
- Ensures clinical team works at top of licensure / responsibility. Actively promotes staff and self-development.
- Develops and maintains department related patient care standards through continuous quality improvement. Develops quality and safety initiatives to provide highest level of care. Oversees development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective, evidence-based delivery of health services.
- Assess the environment and make recommendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety and compliance with various regulatory bodies (OSHA, JCAHO, etc.)
- Fosters patient and employee satisfaction.
- Promotes shared decision making with input from staff.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of the budget. Approves purchases, establishes and revises inventory quotes.
- Collaborate with nursing colleagues in ambulatory care to promote optimal utilization of nursing resources among the various clinics.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor's in Nursing required
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas required
- 5 years of clinical experience in practice area
- 1 year of nursing leadership
- Master's Degree
- Professional Nursing Certification preferred
- 2 years of management experience preferred
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.