Nurse Manager - Cambridge Prep/Recovery
Cambridge Tower A
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Nurse Manager is accountable for the overall operations of the unit. Is responsible on a continual basis for the quality of patient care, customer (external and internal) service, and cost-efficient operation of the unit.
Supports the Hospital mission and strategic plan, budgeting and resource allocation, organizational policy and overall management plan of the Department of Nursing.
- Achieve business and organization goals, visions and objectives.
- Administer corrective action to employees not meeting requirements of their jobs.
- Analyzing, reporting, giving recommendations and developing strategies on how to improve quality and satisfaction.
- Create a unit budget and manage to this by monitoring staffing, supplies, travel, equipment, volume, revenue, charges, education, and food.
- Identifying problems, providing solutions and courses of actions.
- Interact in a positive, professional manner with evidence of conflict resolution skills.
- Maintain a presence on the unit.
- Primary involvement in employee selection, career development, succession planning and periodic training.
- Role Model professional nursing practice through collaboration with staff, leadership, patients, families and physicians.
- Serve as a mentor for staff developing into leadership roles
- Supervise and manage the overall performance and technical competencies of staff in his/her department.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- BLS Certification
- Professional Nursing Certification
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience
Job Requisition ID:
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.