Nurse Practitioner - LGMD Neurosurgery - Full Time (Job ID: 4599)
Location: LGMD Neurosurgery
Employment Status: FT
I.The Physician Extender/NP will be responsible for exhibiting concern for high standards in patient care:
- Assist within the NP or PA scope of practice with comprehensive patient history and physical examination and hospital rounds for patients with medical conditions.
- Provides hospital rounds for patients followed by Hospitalist Team according to collaborative agreement.
- Documents patient rounds in SOAP format in progress notes according to Protocol
- Issues appropriate patient orders according to Protocol
- Collaborates with Medical Director and physicians to develop protocols to enhance quality patient outcomes.
- Follows up to monitor outcomes.
- Assists with clinical problem solving at the unit level.
- Assists in developing guidelines to ensure quality patient care.
- Exhibits knowledge of patient rights for all age groups served in specialty area.
- Facilitates discharge planning and coordination of post-discharge follow-up
II.The Physician Extender/NP will be responsible for exhibiting concern for high clinical standards:
- Actively assists with development and setting of clinical standards.
- Serves as a respected resource in clinical matters.
- Accountable for excellence in clinical practice.
- Sustains clinical environment that supports excellence in nursing practice.
- Validates that patient care is consistent with identified standard of care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patient served on his/her specialty area.
III.The Physician Extender/NP will be responsible for Resource Management within the department
- Facilitates interdisciplinary networking, i.e., physician/nurse rounds
- Participates in the teaching role under the Hospitalist Medical Director’s direction
IV.The Physician Extender/NP will participate and maintain high standards in research and quality improvement
- Facilitates and supports healthcare research
- Ensures that current NP/PA data is incorporated into clinical practice and care and delivery
- Supports and assists with unit-based QA improvement programs
- Participates in interdisciplinary rounds that focus on patient care issues and discharge planning.
V.The Physician Extender/NP will be responsible for upholding influence/leadership in the department:
- Responsive to patient/family expectations and needs.
- Uses group dynamics to affect positive change.
- Demonstrates creativity in the clinical consultant role.
- Demonstrates political sensitivity.
- Participates/contributes to the strategic planning activities for Patient Care and nursing units.
- Coordinates efforts of collaborative Hospitalist Team to ensure quality patient care delivery.
- Provides a strong image as a leader/role model.
- Acts as change agent.
- Follows Guidelines and Standards of practice approved by the Louisiana State Board of
- Medical Examiners (LSBME) or the Louisiana State Board of Nursing
- Maintains up to date knowledge of current trends in specialty area.
- Obtains required continuing education hours annually.
- Maintains documentation within two weeks of attendance.
- Maintains certification in specialty area according to credentials.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure to practice nursing in the state of Louisiana.
- Satisfactory completion of a program of studies accredited by the American Nursing Association which is recognized by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing.
- National certification in Family Nursing Practitioner or other Nurse Practitioner specialty care areas such as Gerontology, Adult (or certification within three years of employment for new graduate).
- Two years of clinical nursing experience.
- Requires 12 months of on-the-job experience to meet effective expected practice standards.
- Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice.Extensive knowledge of physical assessment, differential diagnosis, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and management of acute and chronic patient/family problems.
- Current licensure and certification required by the State of Louisiana of LAC 46:XLVII.3705 and 3707 Advanced Practitioner of Nursing:Primary Nurse Associate.
- BLS certification required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior