Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in Topeka Kansas
Why The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. St. Francis Campus is proud to be a part of a long legacy of high-quality,compassionate care. For more than 100 years, the hospital has combined compassionate care with lifesaving technological advancements to our patients and the communities served. Today, the hospital has 378 licensed beds, a history of technological advancements, and a generous and supportive community.
Our St. Francis hospital is seeking an experienced Clinical Educator with an emphasis in Medical/Surgical. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our Education Department where you will be responsible for:
The Clinical Educator orients new staff to the postion and department. Plans and conducts various education activities for the staff. Effectively communicates both in writing and verbally. Reports to the Director or designee.
1) Plans and conducts a variety of orientation for staff to meet competency assessment requirements to conform with departmental objectives and acreditation standands.
2) Oversees and coordinates staff education to provide opportunities for staff development.
3) Provides leadership to staff to ensure teamwork.
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and have the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The St. Francis Campus is fully accredited by the joint Commission. We also have the following notable accreditations and certifications:
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center Certification
- Inpatient Rehab Stroke Certification
- Chest Pain Accreditation, by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, by the American College of Radiology
- (CoC) Accreditation
- Bachelor's Degree
- Current Kansas RN Licensure
- Three years experience as a clinical staff nurse with at least one year experience in area required
- Basic compuster skills. Knowledge of program planning and educational theory. Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Master's in Education or Nursing preferred
- Prior teaching experience preferred