We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join our Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation team in Albuquerque, NM.
This full-time job is located at Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital which provides state-of-the-art medical rehabilitation services for patients recovering from health care conditions such as stroke, brain injury, trauma, other musculoskeletal disorders, or serious illness. Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital is the only rehabilitation hospital in the state of New Mexico accredited in six programs by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). We are committed to providing exceptional patient care, creation of a supportive, fulfilling work environment, and assisting our patients toward a successful recovery.
Registered Nurse Responsibilities:
- In accordance with the mission and vision of the hospital, the rehabilitation nurse will collect, assess, and interpret data while considering factors of safety, efficacy, and cost to ensure provision of therapeutic and ethical care of the patient.
As an active and collaborative member of the interdisciplinary team, and in conjunction with the patient and family, the rehabilitation nurse will help establish goals and strategies to facilitate the progression of the patient to a state of health and independence.
- The rehabilitation nurse will perform all elements of nursing assessment including physical, psychosocial, and spiritual health using nursing theory.
- Delegation of care and supervision of any applicable staff will be done in accordance with the nurse practice act and the practice of professional nursing.
- The rehabilitation nurse will acquire and maintain knowledge specific to the profession of rehabilitation nursing and will assume responsibility for their own professional development and that of others who may be under their purview.
- The rehabilitation nurse will comply with all regulatory requirements, organizational policies and procedures, as well as organizational behavior standards to create a safe and effective care environment.
Registered Nurse Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate's Degree or Diploma of Nursing
- Desired: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- One (1) year experience is desired, new graduates are welcome
- Valid NM RN License or valid multi-state compact license
- Current BLS (will be provided if not current)
- Desire to provide care to a diverse patient population
- Commitment to providing patient-centered care
- Ability to educate and assist patients to manage and live with acute, life-altering, or chronic illnesses and injuries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge regarding standards of care and quality improvement within rehabilitation nursing
- Ability to demonstrate compassionate, respectful and accountable patient care
- Dependability and integrity are required
Why Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital?
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work, 2018-2019
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Loan Forgiveness
- CEU Reimbursement
- Licensure Reimbursement
- National Certification Assistance and Pay Incentives
- Weekend and Shift Differentials
- CARF-accredited in six programs
- UNM Occupational Therapy Fieldwork Site of the Year 2017
- Interdisciplinary and Collaborative Environment
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.