Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation’s most prestigious healthcare systems, Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals. We’re proud of the therapeutic and administrative upgrades we have made. Mountainside Medical Center has been serving Montclair and its surrounding New Jersey communities since 1891. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Mountainside family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is proud to continue to provide world-class health care services in a community setting. Our 365 bed medical center has successfully transitioned from a stand-alone facility to being part of Hackensack Meridian Health, the most comprehensive and truly integrated network in New Jersey. Mountainside is a joint venture between Hackensack Meridian Health and Ardent Health Services, one of the country’s leading private hospital management companies.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Registered Nurse—Labor and Delivery to join the Mountainside Team!
What You’ll Do
The Registered Nurse—Labor and Delivery is responsible for delivery of patient care through the antepartum and postpartum phases utilizing nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
The successful candidate will be able to:
Deliver advanced professional and technical nursing care to women of childbearing age through intrapartum, delivery, and initial postpartum period, as well as providing care to women admitted with preterm labor and/or disease processes during their pregnancy
Collaborate with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes
Identify nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient and her baby
Demonstrate proficiency in medication administration, pain management and other unit or initiative specific skills
Confer with Nursing Supervisors/Director as it relates to patient care outcomes
Document all patient care appropriately according to hospital and regulatory requirements
Collect patient’s health data
Analyze assessment data in determining patient problems
Identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient
Develop a comprehensive plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes for both the mother and her baby
Evaluate patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes
Delegate task to unlicensed personnel in compliance with the Board of Nursing
Conduct discharge planning, assisting the patient/significant others to obtain knowledge about illness, injury prevention, and teaching
Maintain confidentiality with all information
Perform any and all other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience as an RN in a hospital setting
- Current valid NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License
- Current BLS certification. NRP, STABLE and ACLS to be completed within 6 months of employment
- Position requires fluency in the English language to function in job environment appropriately
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions
- Ability to work autonomously when necessary
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze, make sound decisions under stressful or crisis situations
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or programs used in the organization, knowledge of Epic a plus!
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Advancement and career development opportunities
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.