Who We Are
Hillcrest HealthCare System (HHS) is a comprehensive health system with approximately 5,000 employees that serves the communities of eastern Oklahoma. HHS includes nine hospitals throughout Eastern Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Heart Institute, and Utica Park Clinic.
Hillcrest Hospital South is a 180 bed acute care hospital with a history of providing state-of-the-art technology in a friendly, community setting that is easy to navigate. With more than 1000 employees and 700 physicians, we provide a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services for all ages including emergency, intensive care, stroke, cardiology, maternity, orthopedics and surgery.
What You Will Do
Assumes overall accountability, leadership, responsibility for the delegation and coordination of patient care within the unit. Utilizes knowledge bases of nursing education and experience in order to deliver nursing care using the nursing process according to hospital policies, procedures, and protocols. Responds to life threatening situations with appropriate interventions. Organizes patient care delivery by prioritizing, delegating, delivering and evaluating on an ongoing basis.
- Develop, prioritize and maintain patient plan of care to include patient problems, goals, and interventions.
- Implement plan of care based on patient acuity, identified needs, and physician orders.
- Administer medications and treatments effectively and skillfully.
- Demonstrate safe and effective use of all unit equipment.
- Demonstrate competence in managing potential patient risks; falls, isolation, infant security.
- Effectively evaluates the outcome of interventions and implements necessary changes to plan of care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of conditions, diseases, and treatment therapies for unit specific populations.
- Continually assess patients’ physical, physiological, social, and educational needs to determine level and type of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patients’ rights. Serves as an advocate for patients/families regarding decisions affecting their plan of care. Has knowledge of process for resolution of ethical dilemmas.
- Maintain that there is a sufficient number of qualified/competent staff to care for patients according to the productivity standard.
- Monitor supplies and order non-stock supplies as needed.
- Ensure orientation and educational programs for staff are completed on time.
- Holds staff accountable for their responsibilities, annual evaluations/competencies completed on time.
- Ensures all staff meet Hospital/Departmental standards by continuously monitoring/addressing issues in performance, attendance, or conduct.
- Develop/ implement/ and monitor policy and procedures that guide Medical Surgical practice.
- Monitor appropriate quality control programs for unit.
What You’ll Bring
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must obtain and maintain a current certification in CPR. ACLS must be obtained within 2 months of hire.
- Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Must be able to work in a busy and stressful environment.
- Prefer 3 years of previous leadership and/or training in a similar type setting.
- Must possess a current Oklahoma License as a Registered Nurse.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement and career development opportunities