Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation’s most prestigious healthcare systems, Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals. We’re proud of the therapeutic and administrative upgrades we have made. Mountainside Medical Center has been serving Montclair and its surrounding New Jersey communities since 1891. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Mountainside family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is proud to continue to provide world-class health care services in a community setting. Our 365 bed medical center has successfully transitioned from a stand-alone facility to being part of Hackensack Meridian Health, the most comprehensive and truly integrated network in New Jersey. Mountainside is a joint venture between Hackensack Meridian Health and Ardent Health Services, one of the country’s leading private hospital management companies.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Charge Nurse—Medical/Surgical Unit to join the Mountainside Team!
What You’ll Do
The Charge Nurse—Medical/Surgical Unit has the leadership skills, authority, responsibility, and shift accountability for the delivery of nursing care through the use of the nursing process. They are an extension of the leadership team (director, manager, nursing supervisor, clinical preceptor, and/or house supervisor) and must conduct themselves as such.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Assign patients, according to suitability to RN, LPN, and Nursing Assistive Personnel with rationale to support assignment variances
- Attend bed briefing at scheduled times in efforts to coordinate admissions, transfers, and discharges with the House Supervisor, Unit Clerk, Clinical Care Coordinator, and Physician
- Determination of pulls, low census, and staffing adjustments in accordance with all other units throughout facility
- Serve as a first-line communicator and converse effectively with Manager and/or House Supervisor the evaluation of staffing needs or unsafe staffing conditions
- Respond to CODE and emergency situations on unit as well as ensure the completion of required documentation during emergency situations
- Implement appropriate clinical decisions and demonstrate appropriate use of expert peers and/or management, as applicable
- Provide coordinated and comprehensive patient care including assessment, expected outcomes, nursing interventions and evaluation within an interdisciplinary team approach
- Appropriately delegate patient care tasks to assigned personnel; providing follow-up for completion and patient response
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Preferred
- At least 1-3 years clinical nursing experience
- Licensed as an RN in the State of New Jersey
- Maintain current BLS
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Sound critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement and career development opportunities
Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.