Director of Quality Management, Quality Management, Full-Time, Days
We are looking for a Director of Quality Management to join our Quality Management Team in Albuquerque, NM.
This full-time job is located at Lovelace Medical Center, in the heart of Albuquerque, is an acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the state’s only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
Director of Quality Management Job Responsibilities:
- Principal duties will be to review and analyze quality data, identify opportunities for improvement, design applicable performance improvement plans, and mentor the respective teams as they implement the activities.
- Responsible for keeping the facility in “accreditation readiness”.
- Assists committees and teams with data collection, preparation, analysis, and presentations pertaining to performance improvement.
Director of Quality Management Education and Experience job Requirements:
- Master’s degree required, MBA or equivalent preferred. Additional education and coursework in quality management, performance improvement, such as Six Sigma or “Lean” engineering, are preferred
- 5 years direct experience as PI/QI Director or equivalent, strongly preferred .5 years in a direct patient care, clinical role (RN preferred; RT, PT or other discipline may be considered as appropriate)
- Demonstrated track records of successful leadership, previous supervisory experience required
- Valid NM Nursing license or NM compact license (within 90 days of hire) or equivalent clinical degree preferred. Accreditation/Certification by a national organization a plus
- Baldrige examiner or similar examiner training required; extensive knowledge of other Quality Processes will be considered as appropriate 9TQM, Lean; Six Sigma; etc
- Great presentation skills-oral and written
- Knowledge and experience of quality infrastructure is needed, including how to develop and implement decision tools, clinical protocols and guidelines, care management programs, and outcome measurement assessments.
- Working knowledge of information technology, including statistical analysis, clinical epidemiology, and medical informatics; understanding of best practices and how to successfully introduce information technology into clinical practice.
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work, 2017, 2018 & 2019.
- Midas+ Platinum Quality Award, 2016
- Truven Top 15 Health System, 2016
- Recognized by Healthgrades for quality achievements in best specialty, cardiac, orthopedics, neurosciences, pulmonary, vascular and gastrointestinal categories.
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.