Make a significant impact with a world-class health system. Contribute to award-winning, Magnet™-designated patient care. Experience unequaled professional rewards. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
As an operating room nurse, you will serve as a scrub and circulating nurse while providing direct patient care using the nursing process and evidence-based practice. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary professional team as you contribute to cutting edge and innovative surgical procedures. Our mission involves you supporting research and education to staff and students. This role has a varied schedule that includes call assignments on nights, weekends, and holidays.
We’re seeking a highly-skilled, self-motivated nursing professional with:
· A minimum of two years of experience circulating and scrubbing in an operating room environment
· Ability to perform comprehensive patient assessments and develop/deliver appropriate interventions, involving patients, family and staff
· Exceptional communication, prioritization, organization and designating skills
· Thorough understanding of medical/surgical terminology
· Knowledge of EHR charting
· ACLS and PALS recommended
Graduated from an accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN. Current and valid California RN license required. Current BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.