0700-1900 FT DAY
Under the general supervision of the Manager or Clinical Coordinator, the RN is responsible for the provision of nursing care as appropriate to the ages of the patients served. The RN through team nursing and the multidisciplinary team assesses, plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates the plan of care. The RN monitors the plan of care to ensure quality, appropriateness, timeliness, and effectiveness of the care rendered.
- Perform physical and psychosocial assessment including growth and development of the patient. Record and analyze patient medical history, symptoms, and conditions. Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions. Perform indicated re-assessment within defined timeframes. *
- Administer medications, infusion therapy and treatments utilizing bar code scanning and evidence based safety procedures *
- Team leading and coordination of care: Initiates the care plan and plans daily care with the team, patient and family. Coordinates care with the multidisciplinary team members to meet patient’s educational and discharge planning needs. Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ responses and conditions. *
- Appropriately coordinates, delegates, and supervises duties of other health care personnel, such as Licensed Practical Nurses, Nursing Aides, and Patient Care Sitters. *
- Utilizing critical thinking and problem solving skills, implements direct patient care and treatments, as demonstrated by follow through and use of appropriate intervention. *
- Evaluate the effectiveness of planned interventions in relation to patient responses and the attainment of expected outcomes. Document and communicate actions to maintain continuity among the nursing team. *
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, physicians, patients, families, and other health care team members. Includes the person/family to actively participate in face-to-face bedside handoff/handover report; communicates in SBAR format for all handoff/handover reports and changes in patient’s status to the Care Provider/physician, Clinical Coordinator or Charge Nurse. Follows the chain of command.*
- Documentation is concise, pertinent, and legible, on the appropriate form and according to accepted standards. Nursing care is provided in an organized, timely, safe, cost effective manner. *
- Plans, implements and evaluates effectiveness of patient education. Instruct patients and families on topics such as health education, disease prevention, and develops individualized health improvement programs helping patients make informed decisions about their health and treatment. Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. *
- Participates in Quality Monitoring/Performance Improvement. Incorporates Evidence Based practices into daily care.
- Graduate of an accredited RN education program
- Associate's Degree, ADN, or other two-year college equivalent required
Required Licenses and Certifications
- State of Florida Registered Nurse (RN) active license
- Basic Life Saving (BCLS) certification (or within probation period)
- Advanced and/or Pediatric Life Saving (ACLS or PALS) certification or NRP, preferred
- EKG competency, if applicable
Parrish Healthcare is a caring community of healthcare professionals passionate about excellence and fulfilling our mission of providing Healing Experiences For Everyone All The Time®.
Parrish Healthcare has a Culture of Choice®. This means a we have a healing work environment that empowers people to aspire to be their very best. We partner passionate, talented and skilled people in the right role with the right resources. We provide a clear and strategic direction to achieve superior results on behalf of the communities we serve.