Methodist Charlton Medical Center is seeking a Part Time Registered Nurse to join the Neurology / Pulmonary Team.
Registered nurse renders highly professional and technical nursing care to assigned patients. You will provide direct and indirect patient care using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation). You will also directs and supervise other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with unit standards of care.
Your Job Requirements:
- A graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN Preferred
- Current BLS Certification
- Current additional certifications as required by department
- Current license to practice professional nursing in Texas or eligibility to do so
- Work experience: at least 6 months RN experience.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Assess, plan, develop, implement, evaluate and revise education programs to meet the needs of staff to, comply with federal, state, regulatory and organizational policies and standards
- Development of Internship program
- Serves as planner for continuing education programs for nurses and other disciplines according to established guidelines
- Utilizes evidence-based education, (Periop 101) in orientation/education of all interns/current staff
- Perform audits of Surgical Services procedures for Performance Indicators and Regulatory Compliance
- Develops creative education sessions, integrates team building and interactive learning models for all skill levels of staff
- Coordinates, implements and evaluates Clinical Orientation, Continuing Education and Staff Development for new and existing employees in Surgical Services
- Provide support for staff during evaluation of products
- Participates as well as plans activities that further professional growth for self and departmental staff
- Manage time and travel schedule in a timely, cost-effective and efficient manner
- Review and compile quality data/process improvement activities as assigned
- Will assure all annual education (for staff) is met to include verification of departmental annual competencies
- Works in tandem with Department of Education/OE in the design and development of computer-based education specific to departmental needs
- Represents the hospitals at education and committee activities
- Takes leadership role in developing staff to create a patient-centered experience (HCAHPS)