The Denver Hospice has an immediate opening for a RN Case Manager on the Southwest Team.
Location: Denver, CO
Schedule: 40 hours, Monday-Friday, 8-5
Hourly Pay Range: $31.91 - $43.09
As an organization, new hires for this role are typically starting no higher than the midpoint of $37.50 per hour. New hires are placed into a salary grade based on education, experience and equity within a position. Please note that compensation ranges are intended to be a good faith estimate of a likely hiring range for this position.
Supplemental pay based on position, schedule and/or availability.
- Paid Mileage
- Shift Differentials
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement:
Employee travel is paid out based on company pay practices.
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
Employee Classifications: FTBE - Regular Full Time benefit eligible employees are regularly scheduled 30 hours or more.
- PTO (Vacation and sick) and EIB (Extended Illness Bank) - Accrued
- 6 Paid Holidays with an additional Floating Holiday
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance – Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability – Company Paid
- Medical and Dental Coverages w/ Employer Contribution
- Supplemental Life & AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Early Wage Access
- Employer Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
Oversees and coordinates patient and family care in accordance with hospice philosophy and delivery of care. Provides skilled nursing, including intervention, documentation, supportive care and assessments for assigned patients. The RN Case Manager is a member of the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG).
- Develops and oversees the care plan with patient and family/caregiver, primary physician and members of the IDT/IDG. Reviews and evaluates the patient’s Plan of Care (POC) in IDT/IDG meetings on a regularly scheduled basis. Approaches patient and family care in a holistic manner.
- Coordinates patient care with the physician, NP and all members of the Interdisciplinary Team through ongoing communication and appraisal of patient’s changing condition. Refers to appropriate team member for assistance as needed.
- Ensures the educational needs of the patient and family/caregiver are met in order to promote optimal care.
- Provides continuous assessment and monitoring of the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient.
- Performs complex telephone interviews and triages as appropriate.
- Evaluates the appropriate time to coordinate transfer of patient from home hospice to inpatient care.
- Supervises Certified Nurse Aides (CNA); delegates specific tasks per agency policy.
- Participates in related services, such as community education, team training, staff/board committees and orientation of employees.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Minimum Experience: One-Two (1-2) years of experience in hospice/palliative care/home health, medical surgical, public health, oncology, acute care or home health.
- Required License: Current Colorado RN license. Valid Colorado state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- CPR certification (Pathways, The Denver Hospice and Pikes Peak affiliates)
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 lbs
- Lifts/positions/ and/or transfers patients
- Lifts supplies/equipment
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking/sitting
- Considerable reaching/stooping/bending/kneeling/crouching
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Visual and auditory acuity
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.