The Denver Hospice has an immediate opening for a Registered Nurse PRN to assist in our Call Center
Location: 8299 E. Lowry Blvd., Denver, Co 80230
Hourly Pay Range: $31.49 - $42.51
As an organization, new hires for this role are typically starting no higher than the midpoint of $37.00 per hour. Plus PRN differential of $2.50 per hour, plus $3.25 per hour for nights, plus $2.00 per hour for weekends. New hires are placed into a salary grade based on education, experience and equity within a position. Please note that compensation ranges are intended to be a good faith estimate of a likely hiring range for this position.
Supplemental pay based on position, schedule and/or availability.
- Paid Mileage
- Shift Differentials
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement:
Employee travel is paid out based on company pay practices.
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
Employee Classification: PRN - Part time employees, who work as requested, not regularly scheduled
- Sick Leave - Accrued
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Referral Bonus
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Employer Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
Responsible for answering after-hour calls in an effort to facilitate caller access to appropriate level of care. The RN-CCC functions as a resource and provides support across all affiliates.
- Responds to incoming calls in a timely, professional manner and triages (as appropriate) to address and/or support the needs of the caller.
- Coordinates and collaborates with providers, the medical directors, nurses, social workers, chaplains and other professionals to evaluate and address patient needs
- The RN-CCC assesses needs, offers clinical options, as well as referrals, to health care providers, services and community resources using telephone and information system technologies.
- Promotes wellness and informed decisions by providing general health information, home care advice and/or prevention concepts.
- Telephonically provides skilled nursing coordination of care to patient/family/facility as determined by plan of care (POC).
- Reviews care plan with patient/family and communicates with attending provider for medication and supply ordering. Provides nursing support based on patient/family goals to achieve life closure. Modifies care plan as necessary.
- Utilizes sound nursing judgement and strong assessment skills to perform complex telephone interview and triaging as appropriate.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Minimum Experience: 1-2 years of experience in hospice/palliative care, medical/surgical, public health, oncology, acute care or home health.
- Required License: Current Colorado RN license. Valid Colorado state driver license and proof of auto insurance.
- CPR certification
- Ability to lift minimum of 30 lbs.
- May occasionally be required to reach/bend/stoop/kneel/crouch
- May occasionally be exposed to prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking/sitting
- Prolonged, extensive telephone interaction
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Visual and auditory acuity
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.