Advance your nursing career working at a Magnet recognized hospital known for clinical quality and patient safety. Our team is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our Operating Room in the Main Hospital at St. Joseph Hospital of Orange. This is a full time, 12-hour night shift with a total of 72 biweekly hours.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Independently use the nursing process to care for a group of patients safely, therapeutically, and efficiently.
- Use information from a variety of sources, including Jean Watson's Theory of Human Science and Caring to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes, and evaluate patient’s plan of care.
- Oversee the duties and competencies of the healthcare team; these include the performance of nursing assistant duties, clerical, food service, and environmental services duties as applicable.
- Practice in accordance with all regulatory, professional, legal, and hospital policies.
- Consistently demonstrate behaviors that model the SJHS core values and the Hospital’s mission statement.
Qualifications and Skills needed for this role:
- At least (1) one year of experience as a Registered Nurse in an inpatient operating room or acute care setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN).
- Must hold a current California Registered Nursing License.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Healthcare Providers.
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with patients, patients' families, and ancillary departments.
- Adequate math skills and basic computer data entry skills.
- Ability to coordinate and delegate team activities.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- 3+ years of Operating Room RN experience.
About the department you will serve:
The Operating Room at St. Joseph Hospital of Orange is an inpatient surgery unit consisting of 17 operating rooms and 90 staff members. We are an interactive, flexible and supportive team and a Center of Excellence for Orthopedic, Spine, and Bariatric surgery procedures. The unit utilizes state of the art technology and equipment and has consistently high HCAPS scores.
Comprehensive Range of Benefits:
Professional Advancement: Individual career development plans, ongoing education, tuition reimbursement, motivating managers
Health: Medical - Cigna HMO and POS plans, Dental - Delta Care DHMO and Delta Dental PPO plans, Employee Assistance
Program Wellness: Retirement – 401(K), Paid-Time Off - Based on employment status of FT, PT, PD and
years of service, Employee Life insurance with optional family coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, optional Pre-Paid Legal Plan
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity. These timeless values form the heart and soul of St. Joseph Hospital. They are the prime reason that we attract and retain high-caliber employees who believe in the sanctity of their work in our faith-based setting. As a result of this affinity, most of our employees have remained with us for at least five years. Over 40 percent of our new employees were either referred by friends or applied to work at St. Joseph based on our reputation. It is little wonder, then, that retention rate is significantly higher than the average for healthcare institutions in our community. The most important result: employee engagement. We are proud of our dedicated employees practicing our core values. Because of them, the St. Joseph Health System was awarded the Gallup Organization's Great Workplace Award for three consecutive years. Only 12 organizations in the world received this distinguished accolade, which recognizes fully engaged workplaces.
Clinical Excellence: When you take the latest in medical technology and place it in the hands of highly skilled clinicians, recognition is sure to follow. In July 2007, 2008 and 2009, St. Joseph Hospital was named one "America's Best Hospitals" for Orthopedic Care by U. S. News and World Report. This highly esteemed recognition is testimony to our unique blend medical science and compassionate, values-based care. A haven that feels like home. St. Joseph Hospital offers a unique environment in which healthcare givers who share a kindred spirit can do important work and grow both spiritually and professionally. Here, values-based employees view their jobs not simply as careers but also as callings. Care to get acquainted? Then we warmly invite you to explore the many career opportunities offered by St. Joseph Hospital! St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: St. Joseph Hospital Orange
Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing