The team member’s Number One job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understands how to contribute to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. At Novant Health, people are our business. We treat each other with respect and compassion. We embrace the differences in our strengths while fostering an environment of inclusion, empowerment, inspiration and courage. The team member will use Novant Health’s First Do No Harm (NHFDNH) safety behaviors/error prevention tools and high reliability strategies as appropriate to ensure a safe, remarkable patient experience.
Function in an advanced practice nursing role, under guidance of the collaboration agreement with the supervising Neonatologist, to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualized patient care. This role provides care to infants and their families in Labor and Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Newborn Nursery, Pediatrics, and other hospital areas as needed under the direct supervision of the Medical Director. Responsible for collaboration, consultation, teaching, and supervising.At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
Education: Education Level Required/Preferred Description Graduate Degree Required
Experience: Three Years of Experience Required
Licensure/Certification: Type (ex NP, RN, CMA) Required/Preferred RN, NNP or PA Required
Additional Skills/Requirements (required):
1. Knowledge, skills and abilities requried: knowledge and abilities to complete generic and department specific skills validate and compentency testing
2. Practice autonomously in two (level one) community hospitals to provide comprehensive newborn care with daily rounding at each sites. Provide on-call support/ management for newborn concerns as needed. Available to respond within 30 minutes high risk deliveries and newborn emergencies.
3. Coordinate scheduling (1) 12 hour shift / quarter with level 4 NICU to maintain competency/skill level
4. Participate in 2 simulation training experiences / year
Additional Skills/Requirements (preferred):
1. Stand and move around majority of the day; climb (to reach patient care equipment); lift patients and equipment; push/pull wheelchairs, carts and beds; sit occasionally; bend and stoop; manual dexterity; run; negotiate stairs; see, hear, speak, smell, and touch.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.