RN Specialty Team Leader - UHC Emergency Department - Full Time (Job ID: 4261)
I. The Team Leader is responsible for the quality of the care provided to patients during their shift. Functions as care coordinator.
A. Maintains high standards of patient care:
1. Participates, evaluates and reports PI Plan.
2. Accountable for staff guidance through PI plan.
B. Promotes high standards in Human Resources:
1. Rewards unit staff through awards and recognition.
2. Assists with the evaluation of staff.
3. Responsible for staff discipline while on duty.
II. The Team leader is responsible for resource management within the department:
- Meets professional requirements in a timely manner and is attentive to detail:
a. Patient Assignments
b. Promotes adherence to quality initiatives.
B. Risk management
C. Plans activities in an organized, accountable manner:
D. Plans patient care in an organized, accountable manner.
E. Evaluates patient care outcome.
F. Acts as a professional role model by actively participating in patient care.
G. Leads patient care team on designated shift.
H. Completes leadership rounds.
I. Attempts to create improved patient and staff conditions through creativity and innovativeness in coordinating patient care.
J. Shows concern for effective use of resources and equipment.
K. Involves unit staff in planning.
L. Responds positively to changing circumstances.
M. Coordinates accurate calculation of patient acuity and workload (staffing) data. Makes assignments accordingly.
N. Monitors clinical conditions.
O. Displays confidence and effectiveness in leadership role.
- Remains visible in the department to physicians and staff members.
- Allocates resources to keep continuous flow of patient care.
- Maintains knowledge of patients within the department and delegates duties to enhance patient flow.
- Supports and promotes patient satisfaction goals.
- Rounds on patients to enhance patient satisfaction.
- Promotes teamwork and monitors staff members (work performance) output, offering solutions to improve performance.
- Conferences/coaches staff members who require redirection, (collaborates with Director/Clinical Supervisor as needed). Documents actions taken.
- Makes patient/room assignments when on duty.
- Monitors that PI checks are performed by assigned team members.
- Will be a responsible nurse advocate for patients and patients’ families during crisis situation.
III. The Team Leader is responsible for upholding Leadership Standard in the department.
· One (1) year experience required.
- Experience with role of charge nurse.
- Preferred Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Maintains current licensure as Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana
- Current BLS Certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Advanced certification preferred if appropriate for area of clinical practice
- Department Specific Certifications
- LGMC- Main Campus Emergency Room: ACLS and LGH Approved Crisis Prevention or De-escalation Training required within 6 months of hire, TNCC and PALS required within 12 months of hire.
- All other Emergency Room Departments: ACLS and LGH Approved Crisis Prevention or De-escalation Training required within 6 months of hire, Pediatric Trauma Training and PALS required within 12 months of hire.
- NICU: NRP required within 6 months of hire.
- All other Specialty areas: ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
· Various types of medical instruments & equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
· May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas