LPN Team Leader - LGMD Orthopedic Clinic - Full Time (Job ID: 4547)
Location: LGMD Orthopedic Clinic
Employment Status: FT
- The team leader is proficient in all tasks performed by clinical coworker staff. Additionally, the team leader acts as a role model, trainer, and mentor for department staff. Works cooperatively with manager and coworkers to coordinate and facilitate completion of work required to provide high levels of patient care and service. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Standards of Behavior.
- Coordinates and provides nursing care and nursing related activities and works cooperatively with other departments in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice.
- Responsible for Medical Necessity validation according to CMS guidelines/requirements.Reviews Medicare patient’s orders for medical necessity and contacts Dr. offices with any issues in not meeting CMS guidelines/requirements. Obtains ABN’s as necessary.
- Responsible for OSHA training for the department, hand washing observations and reporting, Safety Officer for the department, and JCAHO compliance/preparation.
- Responsible for prompt, courteous and efficient registration of patients, including verification of insurance, medical necessity screening, collection of deposits/payments, and appropriate routing of paperwork.Performs 12-lead EKG’s and rhythm strips.Draws blood and collects specimens, labels all specimens appropriately and transmits to the Laboratory.Provides patient-focused care through delivery of multiple services brought to the patient.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Provides leadership and expertise in the department operations and coordinates patient flow in and out of the department.
2.Seeks assistance from appropriate resource person as necessary in solving patient, clinical and management problems.
3.Assists management in staff evaluations, promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions.
4.Maintains positive and professional communication and promotes cooperation with patients and other departments for better service.
5.Is able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients. Is able to assess the patient's status, communicates effectively.
6.Abides and enforces all compliance requirements and policies and performs these responsibilities in an ethical manner consistent with the organization’s mission and vision.
7.A department resource person for all staff and other departments with the Millenium and Surginet system questions or problems.
8.Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide nursing care to include but are not limited to nursing assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and evaluation of the pre-surgical/diagnostic patient.
9.Acts as a role model to support department and system policies and managerial decisions. Promotes team work and enhances a positive work environment. Encourages, supports team work and mutual respect among all coworkers
10.Assists clinic manager with personnel issues including recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating performance of other clinical coworkers. Serves as a trainer/mentor for new coworkers.
11.Makes operational decisions as appropriate in the absence of the clinic manager
12.Possesses excellent customer service skills and acts as a role model in providing exceptional service
13.Maintains open lines of communication with Registration, Diagnostic, Coumadin Clinic and Perioperative areas of LGMC
14.Assesses the patient’s condition and nursing needs; administers direct care when professional nursing skills and judgment are needed.
15.Reports pertinent observations, reactions and results regarding patients to the appropriate person (i.e. physician) and records those observations accurately and concisely.
16.Administers medications to assigned patients.
17.Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patients such as cardiac arrest.
18.Participates in economical utilization of supplies and ensures the equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
19.Ensures patients are prepared for surgical/diagnostic procedures and assures proper routing/maintenance of files.
20.Performs 12-lead EKG and rhythm strips in a careful and accurate manner according to the stated procedure.Has knowledge and ability to use the system for storing EKG’s.
21.Draws blood from patients and sends specimens to the laboratory for analysis according to established procedures.
22.Accurately labels all specimens, including date, initials and time.
23.Verifies insurance coverage and benefits in a timely manner.
24.Financially screens patients.
25.Consistently requests deposits and payments as per policy.
26.Consistently checks for medical necessity, if necessary, via appropriate tools.Obtains ABN’s as necessary.
27.Registers patients in a prompt, accurate, efficient and courteous manner.
28.Greets all patients, identifies self and briefly explains sequence of procedure.
29.Prepares patient ID armband and places band on patient’s wrist during registration process.
30.Identifies patient appropriately at registration and when providing services of the multi-skilled position.
31.Accurately follows doctor’s orders for ordering all ancillary tests, entering appropriately in computerized system, and providing those tests which are a part of the multi-skilled position.
32.Responsible for nursing duties such as: nasal/throat/wound swabs, urinary catherizations, injections, etc.
33.Responsible for calibration of CBG machine every morning and downloading of machine once a month.
34.Responsible for performing CBG readings on Glucose Tolerance patients (more than one hour) to determine if proceed with test.
35.Document results in computer system.
36.Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
37.Responsible for hand washing observation, OSHA training, and Safety Officer for department.
1.LPN with current state licensure.
2.Minimum of one year satisfactory work experience at LGMC with good working knowledge of hospital policies and procedures.
4.BLS – Healthcare Provider
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior