Registered Nurse- ED FT
Responsible for assessing, implementing, and evaluating care for various patients within the facility. Reports directly to the Clinical Director of the unit. This position works in conjunction with other members of nursing service, ancillary services, physicians, patients, and families. It collaborates with various members of the healthcare team to ensure quality of care across the continuum. Requires the ability to be self-directed and quality focused. Interpersonal communication skills are a necessary function of this position.
The Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital Emergency Department is a busy and growing 15 bed ED with a 4 bed Fast Track. The ED utilizes the Epic EMR for documentation of visits. Shifts are 12 hours with every other weekend required as well as holiday rotation.
· 1pm - 1am Mid-shift/ Nights 7pm-7am / PRN
· Weekend rotation required
· Holiday rotation required
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrated the difference they make each and every day: Celebrate 2019
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital:
For more than 40 years, Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital (formerly Tennova Healthcare – Lebanon) has been a place of healing and connection for patients and families in Wilson County and the surrounding area. The two-campus facility is the sole provider of inpatient and outpatient medical services in Wilson County. Known for comprehensive services, recognized care, and a commitment to the community, VWCH became a part of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center family (VUMC) in August of 2019.
Recognition Awards for Quality
· Joint Commission certified in total Hip and Knee Replacement
· The Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
· American College of Cardiology Accredited Chest Pain Center
· Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program :(MBSAQIP) as a Comprehensive Center
· American College of Radiology Accreditations – Mammography and Ultrasound
· Accredited by American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Click here for more information: www.VanderbiltWilsonCountyHospital.com
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html