Providence is calling a CNA to its Nursing Float Pool at Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford , OR. This job posting represents open day shift positions within the team. Hours are typically 3, 12 hour shifts any day of the week from 7am-7:30pm.
This position is ideal for current CNAs who have a goal to obtain their CNA2 license. We will ask hires who are not currently enrolled in a program to enroll in one within 6 months of hire. Providence is committed to assist with the enrollment of a CNA2 program. More details will be made available at time of interview. If interested, apply today! It's a great opportunity to further your career in caregiving!
Our CNA1s with the Nursing Float Pool provide direct patient care under the supervision and direction of an RN, utilizing the care plan.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Operate safely within scope of practice as defined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing
- Provide quality patient care:
- Deliver kind, gentle, respectful, safe care
- Follow directions from RN by:
- Carrying out the care plan accurately according to established standards, policies and procedures and scope of practice
- Assisting RN with admissions, discharges and transfers
- Offering to RN any information about special care needs that need to be included in the care plan
- Observe and report patient changes to RN promptly
- Observe patient as indicated by care plan, as directed
- Promptly reports unusual occurrences to RN
- Respond promptly to patient needs and requests
- Maintain strict confidentiality and privacy for patient/family
- Communicate accurately and with sensitivity, as perceived by patient and/or family
- Cooperate with Charge Nurse to maintain a positive work atmosphere and cohesive unit:
- Contribute to a spirit of teamwork with co-workers:
- Offer support/help to team members
- Ask for and accepts help when needed
- Give positive feedback to team members
- Demonstrate a willingness to pursue conflict resolution
- Documentation of attendance on Education Record of nine or more units or NSA meetings per year
- Limit communication of personal information to breaks/meal time, away from patient area
- Assist and cooperates with instructors, students, and orientation of new personnel
- Maintain competency:
- Assume responsibility for own continuing education including documentation
- Practice within scope at the direction of the Charge Nurse and the assigned RN
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Coursework/Training: Completion of certification course for Nursing Assistants
- Current Oregon state licensure as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
- Certified Nursing Assistant 2 (CNA 2) certification through the Oregon State Board of Nursing, -OR-
- Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant 2 (CNA 2) coursework and certification when training made available
- One (1) year of experience in nursing home or hospital experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 272288