Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Home Based Acute Care Command Center RN to our location in Seattle, WA.
*This is not a work from home position_
The Home Based Acute Care Command Center RN will be responsible for care management oversight for a defined group of HBAC patients utilizing in-home telehealth monitors and best practice protocols with a focus on improvement in clinical outcomes. The HBAC Registered Nurse is responsible for the assistance of providing nursing care through remote monitoring by direct observation via teleconferencing with a goal of early detection of warning signs of clinical deterioration. The HBAC RN is a member of a collaborative care team who is responsible for providing electronic chart review and real time continuous Vital Sign monitoring and proactive surveillance for adverse physiological trends of HBAC patients in order to prevent clinical problems from occurring. This oversight of care is provided to a diverse adult population of medically acute patients in their home environment. He or she is also responsible for delegation of personnel, as stated above, that participate in the provision of care to ensure that patient needs and expected outcomes are met.
In this position you will:
- Collect pertinent assessment data via video or other modalities that includes present condition, past history, physical, spiritual and psychosocial information utilizing nursing process and critical thinking skills in support of ongoing patient care. Encorporation of data from significant other, and/or healthcare team members as applicable. Interpret data to identify the patient’s needs and potential problems.
- Develop, review and revise an individualized care plan within the time frame identified in documentation standards. Establish expected outcomes that are measurable and achievable.
- Evaluate patient’s response to care and initiates independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate. Document changes in condition and interventions.
- Utilize nursing process and ADA guidelines to incorporate teaching into delivery of patient care. Document teaching and learning.
- Utilize the nursing process to prepare for discharge/transfer, beginning with admission to the HBAC program and continuing throughout enrollment. Document the discharge/transfer process.
- Deliver patient care based on pathophysiology and nursing principles. Perform technical skills with accuracy and efficiency. Establish and adjust priorities based on patient acuity and changing clinical situations.
- Recognize the patient’s age as a relevant factor and applies appropriate decision-making skills in the assessment, treatment, and care provided for the patient.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians and coworkers. Is a patient advocate. Utilize resources as needed such as intrepretor services, Home Health aids, Infusion Services, etc. Participate in interdisciplinary rounds.
- Document complete and accurate information on all appropriate chart forms. Report to oncoming shift in a concise, accurate and relevant manner utilizing the care plan.
- Delegate, effectively utilizing the skill level of the department members, respecting and supporting their input.
- Must demonstrate advanced clinical and organizational skills related to the care of patients.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, speak/understand written and verbal instructions, as well as demonstrate a working knowledge of computer skills.
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills in diagnosing clinical problems and in defining Home Based Care Interventions interventions.
- Adequate knowledge required to perform virtual assessments using the telehealth technologies in order to devise appropriate plan of care, patient/family education and ability to orient families and staff to the HCAB program
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing or 2 years RN experience with minimum 4 years related experience in an ED or ICU setting as a ED Tech, Telemetry Monitor Tech, CNA or equivalent
- Registered Nurse in Washington (Accreditated State Board of Nursing) upon hire
- Current Driver's License in the state where the candidate resides
- Must qualify for Nursing Licensure in any state where a PSJH H@H may exist
- Must be licensed in the state where patient is being monitored
- 2 years nursing experience in the Hospital setting
- Required demonstrated excellent critial thinking skills in accordance with standardized HCAB processes and protocols
- Required adept at prioritizing levels of patient acuity in a highly technical environment while assuring standards of care are followed
- Required facile with technology including the ability to troubleshoot in real time using prescribed workflowsRequired demonstrated ability to manage multiple workflows while assuring quality of patient oversight and attention to detail
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Demonstrated comfort in utilizing videoconferencing platforms to conduct effective clinical assessments for patients enrolled in HCAB
- 3 years nursing experience in the Hospital setting
About the department you will serve:
Providence Strategic and Management Services (PSMS) provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 278525