Under minimal supervision, provide exceptional nursing care to patients and their families in an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) environment. Must possess the ability to function independently as a circulating and/or scrub nurse across a variety of surgical specialties. Must possess, or be willing to train, in cases requiring the administration of IV moderate sedation. Also, will be expected to perform knowledgeable care in both pre- and post-operative phases of care. Administrative responsibilities include, but are not limited to: inventory management, instrument care and tracking, chart reviews, pre- and post-operative phone calls, and other quality and performance metrics required for accreditation.
- Graduate of and accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN degree required
- Current and valid California RN license required
- Current BLS and ACLS from the American Heart Association
- Minimum of 1 year experience in an OR or ASC, required (2 years preferred)
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively within a interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to direct nursing practice and prioritize problem solving
- Demonstrate consistent critical thinking skills
- Excellent time management skills with demonstrated ability to constructively engage in a fast-paced environment
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.