Providence is calling a Infection Preventionist (Full Time, Day Shift) to Providence Little Company Of Mary Torrance Hospital in Torrance, CA.
Please upload current resume
We are seeking a Infection Preventionist who will assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of the Infection Prevention Program. Support the Quality Improvement and Epidemiology processes in order to enhance the quality and safety of patient care. Assure the Infection Prevention Program reduces risks of acquiring and transmitting infections among patients, physicians, staff, volunteers, visitors and others.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate Providence Health System core values of respect, justice, compassion, stewardship, and excellence to customers, employees, and visitors; and provides quality service in the performance of work assignments and duties
- Assist the Medical Staff in activities related to operational excellence and infection prevention
- Using valid criteria and in collaboration with the ICP Manager, identify hospital acquired infections
- Act as a consultant to other departments in the development or revision of infection-related policies and the investigation of related problems
- In collaboration with the ICP Manager, investigate clusters of infections or changes in patterns or infection
- In collaboration with Employee Health Department and ICP Manager, review exposures to significant organisms among employees and consults in cases of Sharps injury
- Identify comparisons for defined populations based on, but not limited to, current practice guidelines, journal articles, community practice, published benchmarks and professional organization findings
- Assist with the development of systems and processes to assure the reliability, accuracy, and confidentiality of data/information
- Demonstrate ability to utilize databases to organize and store information, and retrieve data as required
- Able to retrieve, investigate, organize and maintain data from different data sources into a single data structure
- Able to independently execute logical data queries from databases and clinical systems
- Able to simultaneously support a number of projects with varying complexity maintaining the individual reporting requirements of each
- Self initiate consultation with customers to assure accurate and appropriate content for project/report
- Communicate with customers regarding project priorities and target completion dates
- Articulate barriers or challenges in reaching answers to project questions
- Prioritize work and managestime to accommodate high volume of work and tight deadlines
- Complete projects in a timely and efficient manner
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communications through timely and accurate status reports on work assignments, problems and potential solutions, and data requests
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills by effectively working with other team members to identify and resolve problems with workflow
- Document processes and enhancements to projects that support future efforts
- Function as an effective change agent
- Assist others in work assignments
- Participate on teams as necessary at a level consistent with performance improvement training
- Participate in professional activities to keep abreast of changes and new developments in quality improvement and infection prevention
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of JCAHO and State of California Title XXII standards as well as the Bylaws and Follow rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff
- Participate in the process of interpreting and applying standards
- Assist in maintaining established policies and procedures related to the quality improvement program, patient safety, accreditation and infection prevention
- Revise policies based on the most current scientific, evidence based data in order to improve patient care
- Facilitates organization wide, including off-site locations, continuous accreditation readiness related to infection prevention standards
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year experience as an infection control prevention practitioner with knowledge of sterilization, sanitation, disinfection practices, and infection control standards.
- 2 years experience in clinical health care including direct experience in clinical databases and patient outcomes measurements
- Experience with information technology applications
- Experience in the tools and techniques of performance improvement
- Competent in problem solving, listening, providing feedback and organization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians, patient care staff, and all levels of hospital personnel
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, healthcare administration or related field
- Registered Nurse
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality or Infection Control
- Experience in project management, database management and use of statistical analysis packages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint required, Access
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women’s and Children’s Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Infection Prevention Nursing
Req ID: 276595