Providence is calling a Perioperative Specialty Coordinator (RN) (Full-Time/Day Shift) to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills CA.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE system.
We are seeking a Perioperative Specialty Coordinator (RN) who will manage and coordinate specialty area; direct, teach, and supervise functions and activities; interpret policies, procedures, standards, and regulations as appropriate. Demonstrate proficiency in delivering care to assigned age-specific patient population (e.g., infants, adolescents, adults, geriatrics, pediatrics), and participate in related continuing education.
In this position you will:
- Implement and maintain established department, unit, and hospital policies, procedures, and objectives as well as improving organization performance program, safety, environmental, and infection control policies
- Assist the surgical team during operative procedures
- Maintain aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. Report breaks to technique to surgeon and nurse manager
- Prepare rooms with appropriate instruments, sutures, supplies and equipment. Assist in maintaining correct count of instruments, sutures and sponges
- Report incorrect counts to surgeon and nurse manager
- Identify and care for specimens
- Provide comfort and support to patients by demonstrating sensitivity to patient's care and privacy
- Drape patients for surgical procedures
- Prepare patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards
- Maintain a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients/families in accordance with hospital standards
- Control narcotics and medications
- Assist in formulating and screening Quality Improvement criteria and providing in-service training for staff. Take an active role in QI for unit and hospital QI process
- Observe emotional stability of patients, express interest in their progress and prepares for continuing care after discharge. Assess patient for necessity to change/implements care plan. Assist other members of the nursing team and/or other disciplines
- Evaluate outcomes of patient care, consult with other specialists as required and adjustsnursing care processes as necessary to ensure optimal patient care
- Monitor medical condition of patients and report changes to appropriate personnel
- Provide in-services through Nurse Clinician. Be responsible for perioperative training of staff on all shifts
- Cooperate with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good employee relations, interdepartmental objectives, and infection control policies. Promote excellence in team work with staff, physicians, and ancillary areas
- Assist attending physicians, patients, and families as needed in times of stress or crisis. Organize, direct, and coordinate functions and activities in specialty area
- Prepare patients for scheduled procedures to assist in patient assessment
- Ensure an adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of equipment. Take proactive steps to contain costs and promote efficiency
- Inspect area daily for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and standards and take corrective action when violations occur
- Prepare written documentation as required by the profession and the department.
- Maintain and care for equipment and supplies. Report any broken equipment to equipment technician
- Maintain patient records and charts to ensure an accurate record of the patient's medical treatment
- Maintain department records, reports, and file as required
- Give feedback to Nurse Manager on personnel performance and make recommendations for improvements or training needs
- Direct maintenance of departmental facilities, equipment, supplies and materials in a condition to promote efficiency, health, comfort, and safety of patients and staff
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops. Specifically attend at least one workshop/in-service specific to specialty and provides information to unit staff. Attend meetings as required
- Cover on-call assignments, arriving at Medical Center within 30 minutes of notification. Be responsible for the continuum of service within their specialty
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Sufficient for license
- CPR Certification - Adult, Child, Infant (Provider), including Obstructed Airway Management, sponsored by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross
- California Licensed Registered Nurse
- Sufficient related experience
- Advanced skills within area of specialty(ies)
- Expertise in the perioperative role of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138 bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Special Procedures Nursing
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 278169