Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse (0.8 FTE, Night Shift) in Emergency Services at Swedish Mill Creek in Everett, WA.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan.
In this position you will:
- Assess, identify appropriate nursing diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patients’ care. Develops, updates and coordinates the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
- Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
- Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- All Registered Nurses (RN) without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within six (6) years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Health Care Providers from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) at the time of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from any authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) within ninety (90) days of hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) within ninety (90) days of hire
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) from American Heart Association (AHA) or the National Stroke Association within thirty (30) days of hire
- One (1) year acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
About the Mill Creek Campus:
Swedish/Mill Creek has 86,000 square feet of space on three above-ground levels and a partial basement. The E.D. – which is open and staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week – features 18 emergency exam rooms and six additional observation beds. It shares the first floor with a complete diagnostic imaging center with X-ray, mammography, ultrasound, CT scan and MRI, which is staffed by partners from Seattle Radiology. A full laboratory and offices for primary- and specialty-care providers are on floors two and three. Swedish/Mill Creek can immediately treat patients suffering from stroke to severe lacerations or burns, broken bones, sports injuries, allergic reactions, food poisoning, work-related injuries and many other medical emergencies and non-emergencies.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Work Locations: Mill Creek Main Bldg (WA168) 13020 Meridian Ave S Everett, 98208
Req ID: 266951