Pikes Peak Hospice and Palliative Care (PPHPC) is in need of an experienced RN to assist with direct patient care needs during our after hours shift.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Schedule: Saturday - Sunday 8:00am to 8:00pm
Hourly Pay Range: $30.21 - $40.79
New hires are placed into a salary grade based on education, experience and equity within a position. Please note that compensation ranges are intended to be a good faith estimate of a likely hiring range for this position.
Supplemental pay based on position, schedule and/or availability.
- Paid Mileage
- Shift Differentials
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement:
Employee travel is paid out based on company pay practices.
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
Employee Classification: PTBE - Regular Part Time benefit eligible employees are regularly scheduled 20-29 hours.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance – Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability – Company Paid
- Medical and Dental Coverages w/ Employer Contribution
- Supplemental Life & AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Vacation Pay and Sick Leave - Accrued
- Holiday Pay with an additional Floating Holiday
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Early Wage Access
- Employer Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
Provides patient care using nursing skills and processes in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice, keeping within the policies, values and mission of the organization. The RN is a member of the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG).
- Provides skilled nursing coordination of care to patients (neonates to geriatrics) as determined by the Plan of Care (POC). Uses education, mentoring, guidance and interventions to achieve goals of care.
- Collaborates across disciplines to coordinate patient care; participates in the POC in IDT/IDG meetings as assigned.
- Demonstrates appropriate nursing care, including communicating with attending provider for medications and supplies.
- Educates patients, families, caregivers and community regarding hospice philosophy and palliative treatments or home health, if applicable.
- Supervises Certified Nurse Aides (CNA); delegates specific tasks per agency policy.
- Participates in related services, such as community education, team training, staff/board committees and orientation of employees.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
If assigned to Inpatient Unit/critical care unit:
- Meets all the essential duties assigned to RNs.
- Understands the acute care needs of patients admitted to the Inpatient/Critical Care Units.
- Completes initial nursing assessment and admissions processes for newly admitted patients.
- Manages customer service needs that are unique to a care unit.
if assigned to outpatient:
- Meets all the essential duties assigned to RNs
- Adapts care to meet the needs of patients at their place of residence including, but not limited to, the patients’ home, long-term care or assisted living facilities.
- Completes initial nursing assessment and provides ongoing comprehensive nursing care through medication, treatment, intervention and evaluation.
- Develops and maintains professional business relationships with facilities by providing excellent customer service to the patient, as well as the facility staff.
If assigned to Triage:
- Meets all the essential duties assigned to RNs.
- Assesses symptom care needs by utilizing critical thinking and organizational processes. Educates patients and/or caregivers; deploys clinical staff to make patient visits.
- Uses professional and customer service-based demeanor while communicating by telephone, text or email.
- Perform daily reviews of evening nurse schedules, making adjustments as necessary.
- May conduct Triage Charge duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Minimum Experience: One to two (1-2) years of experience in hospice and/or palliative care, medical/surgical, public health, oncology, acute care or home health.
- Required License: Current Colorado RN license. Valid Colorado state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- CPR certification (CVNA, Pathways, The Denver Hospice and Pikes Peak affiliates).
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 lbs.
- Lifts/positions/ and/or transfers patients
- Lifts supplies/equipment
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking/sitting
- Considerable reaching/stooping/bending/kneeling/crouching
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Visual and auditory acuity
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.