Job Summary: Competent Clinician. Experienced, knowledgeable and skilled in specialty area. Practice is problem focused, but patient centered in the manner care is provided. Able to manage unexpected or emergency situations that are commonly seen in assigned specialty population. Serves as a resource for nursing staff.
Major Responsibilities / Duties / Critical Tasks:
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents the daily care of assigned patients.
- Identifies nursing diagnosis/patient care needs, individualizes care plan, and revises plan of care as needed.
- Executes physician's orders for all assigned patients; administers medications and treatments and delivers population specific competent nursing care in accordance with UTHSCT's policies, procedures, and standards.
- Performs routine technical procedures/skills in specialty area assigned.
- Performs and reports Point of Care testing.
- Provides basic patient/family instruction and healthcare teaching.
- Promotes positive guest and patient relations.
- Respects and supports patient rights.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times
- Attends/participates in unit meetings/activities and supports the philosophy and goals of the unit department and organization.
- Required to maintain competency in the patient safety functions related to their position.
- Completion of Annual Mandatory Training, TB testing, and required licensure and certifications before expiration date.
- Accountable for the identification and reduction of unsafe practices that could cause harm to patients.
- Other duties as assigned
Accompanying Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Bilingual a plus.
- EMR experience
- Advanced, specialized nursing skills as appropriate to the nature of medical activity.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of all protocols and procedures within the specified critical care clinic environment.
Required Education / Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Two years experience as a registered nurse in ER.
- Must possess and maintain a current RN license to practice in Texas.
- Must possess and maintain current CPR Healthcare Provider.
- ACLS, PALS, and TNCC preferred at hire, required within 6 months of hiring
- Specialty certification preferred at hire and required within 12 months of eligibility