Job Summary: Provides direct patient care to meet the activities of daily living needs of patients. Assists licensed nursing personnel in performing nursing procedures. Carries out specific nursing tasks as delegated, in a manner that ensures patient safety, privacy, and according to standards of patient care, standards of staff performance and physician orders. Ensures readiness of supplies and equipment at the unit level to meet patient needs.
Major Responsibilities / Duties / Critical Tasks:
- Provides direct patient care to meet the activities of daily living (i.e., bathing, dressing, grooming, routine hair and skin care, feeding, exercising, toileting, transfer/ambulation, etc.)
- Demonstrates competence in the use of equipment/supplies and technical skills required.
- Constantly aware of the safety needs of patients, employees and visitors.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, visitors and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates professional behavior.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times.
- Performs and reports Point of Care Testing.
- Assists with patient restraints and patient specific safety precautions, collects and reports data related to patient needs/emergencies and patient and family behavior.
- Provides and maintains a clean, safe environment and performs and/or assists others to perform proper aseptic technique, isolation procedures, and infection control measures.
- Required to maintain competency in the patient safety functions related to their position.
- Participates and supports Hospital Performance Improvement activities.
- Completion of Annual Mandatory Training, TB testing, and required licensure and certifications before expiration date.
- Keep patient care areas clean and stocked.
- Accountable for the identification and reduction of unsafe practices that could cause harm to patients.
- Responsible for acquiring working knowledge of and maintaining ongoing understanding of required practices, procedures and processes to meet and exceed regulatory compliance standards.
- Other duties, as assigned.