The primary care nurse functions within the framework of the primary nursing model assuming the care of a case load of patients from admission throughout the continuum of care. The primary Care Nurse is accountable for delivering care by utilizing the nursing process, the ONS Standards of Oncology Nursing Practice and the principles of Continuous Quality Improvement in collaboration with the healthcare team.
- An RN currently licensed by the State of Texas (BSN preferred) with at least one-year Oncology experience
- One Year experience in the hospital setting preferred
- OCN certification preferred
- Exhibits desire to exemplify the BSA culture, including the BSA Mission, Vision and the BSA Way.
- Demonstrates positive, customer focused interpersonal and business telephone skills
- Communicates well, and exhibits: Strong English verbal skills, Ability to read and understand English language, Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with customers and healthcare professionals at all levels, Legible writing skills and penmanship in English language
- Is organized and has follow-through skills
- Possesses keyboard data entry skills and working knowledge of computers and basic office equipment
- Has strong grasp of medical terminology
- Works in a fast paced environment and adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Quickly evaluates and prioritizes requests of staff and physicians
- Deals with employees, patients, physicians and visitors in stressful situations
- Is well versed in HIPAA laws and keep patient documentation and information confidential
- Can multi-task constantly and tolerate interruptions
- Works as part of a cohesive medical team to care for patients and deliver exceptional customer service