Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in Topeka Kansas
Why The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. St. Francis Campus is proud to be a part of a long legacy of high-quality, compassionate care. For more than 100 years, the hospital has combined compassionate care with lifesaving technological advancements to our patients and the communities served. Today, the hospital has 378 licensed beds, a history of technological advancements, and a generous and supportive community.
Our St. Francis hospital is seeking an experienced Radiation Therapist. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our Cancer Center where you will be responsible for:
Operate radiation therapy equipment in order to deliver prescribed doses of radiation to patients for therapeutic purposes as directed by a radiation oncologist. Monitor radiation therapy equipment for safe, accurate function. Solicit assistance from appropriate resources if radiation therapy equipment is not functioning properly. The radiation therapist will perform all other duties as requested. The radiation therapist reports to the Radiation Oncology Manager.
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and have the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The St. Francis Campus is fully accredited by the joint Commission. We also have the following notable accreditations and certifications:
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center Certification
- Inpatient Rehab Stroke Certification
- Chest Pain Accreditation, by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, by the American College of Radiology
- (CoC) Accreditation
St. Francis is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
- Accredited Radiation Therapy Program and board eligible
- A.R.R.T. registered and Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- Curent clinical treatment techniques used in a Radiation Oncology Department
- Current and broad knowledge of radiation oncology clinical Linear Accelerators, Record and Verify systems, Imaging