The Registered Nurse (RN) Circulator is accountable for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting care activities in accordance with TSSH standards to deliver efficient, effective and quality care to the surgical patient. They must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and culture of the patient served. RN Circulator’s are responsible for positioning and preparing the surgical patient and must demonstrate knowledge of basic case preparation,surgical supplies, surgical equipment and concepts relevant to various surgical specialties and procedures. The RN serves as a role model for professional practices, and maintains good communication with physicians to ensure appropriate service and criteriaare met. They must adhere to and abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act, and practice within the guidelines of the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN).
• Minimum of two years clinical practice with experience in the specific field preferred.
• Associates in Nursing (ADN) or Diploma RN from an accredited school of nursing required.
• Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSBN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred.
• Current RN License or Compact License deemed by the OK State Board of Nursing required.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of hire required.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 60 days of hire required.
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 6 months of hire required.
• CNOR preferred