This position is responsible for the Pre-Operative and PACU nurse utilizes the nursing process to identify patient needs for continuous assessment in the Pre-Operative and PACU departments. The RN will document and evaluate the effectiveness of nursing actions and ensure a safe environment of care. The PACU nurse is responsible and accountable for working with other departments to ensure continuity of care.
- Personal Effectiveness - Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, “can do” attitude
- Innovation and change - Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
- Fostering Teamwork - Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services - Delivers high quality services to internal and external customers, accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations & services respond to the needs of caregivers
- Integrity - Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
- Implements and documents the Nursing Process for population specific patient care delivery to include the complex patient/family.
- May function as Provider or RN-M based upon completion of competencies.
- Participates in performance improvement/research activities.
- Participates in activities that promote improvement of patient care/patient satisfaction.
- Expands/shares knowledge of nursing practice.
- Functions as an active team member and demonstrates leadership qualities.
- Demonstrates and enhances professional growth and development, maintains and enhances clinical competency. Remains current in nursing practices
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience with patient safety best practices preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Completion of education to obtain Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience of Pre-OP and/or PACU hospital experience required
- Registered Nurse (RN) with Texas Board of Nursing – OR – current home state license is required for multi-state license recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact
- Required to complete the education necessary to obtain my BSN degree within four (4) years of my date of hire with Seton Medical Center Harker Heights