Who We Are
Hillcrest HealthCare System (HHS) is a comprehensive health system with approximately 5,000 employees that serves the communities of eastern Oklahoma. HHS includes nine hospitals throughout Eastern Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Heart Institute, and Utica Park Clinic.
Hillcrest Hospital South is a 180 bed acute care hospital with a history of providing state-of-the-art technology in a friendly, community setting that is easy to navigate. With more than 1000 employees and 700 physicians, we provide a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services for all ages including emergency, intensive care, stroke, cardiology, maternity, orthopedics and surgery.
We welcome you to take the next step to join our highly skilled team of health care professionals who value Our Way of Changing Lives with Respect, Compassion, Responsibility and Accountability.
What You’ll Do
- The Registered Nurse is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. She or he provides direct care to these patients via the nursing process, the environmental/instrumentation and management of other health care team members.
- The RN will plan, perform care, document and demonstrate knowledge of growth and development norms for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. The RN will demonstrate knowledge of age appropriate equipment and identify and advocate for the safety of the patient.
- The RN will initiate and document infection control precautions as per policy 100% of the time as well as maintain and document infection control precautions per policy and utilize appropriate PPE. The RN will also provide education to family and patient on the infection control guidelines.
- The RN will assess, reassess and document patient status per policy including but not limited to admission and discharge documentation. The RN will plan, implement, and document nursing care that is appropriate to the patient’s needs, condition, and culture.
- The RN will collaborate with case management and physicians in the continuum of care.
- The RN will delegate appropriately to team members to maximize quality of care and utilization of resources.
- The RN will maintain confidentiality with all information
- The RN will meet departmental standards and competencies as evidenced by departmental documentation.
- The employee will report to work on time and work as scheduled and per attendance policy. The employee will work independently with minimal supervision and utilize policy and procedures of the facility to guide them in the proper course of action.
- The employee will comply with safety policies and procedures and maintain professional working relationships with coworkers, physicians, and customers.
What You’ll Bring
- A graduate of an accredited nursing school.
- Must maintain a current certification in BLS, ACLS, NIHSS.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; able to work under stressful situations. Possesses good oral and written communication skills. A demonstrated ability in interpersonal relationships which enhances communication, promotes conflict resolutions, and facilitates staff development.
- Desirable characteristics include at least one year of experience as an R.N., preferably in the area of application. Must be able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards when no directions are given. Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- Must possess a current Oklahoma License as a Registered Nurse.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement and career development opportunities