Surgical Scrub Tech, Surgery, Full-Time job, Days, Albuquerque, NM
We are looking for a Surgical Scrub Tech to join our Surgical team in Albuquerque, NM.
This full-time job is located at Lovelace Women’s Hospital, the first and only hospital in New Mexico dedicated to women’s health, offers a 53-bed advanced neonatal intensive care unit, a natural birthing center, an award-winning breast care center and the first robotic surgery program in the state recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation.
Surgical Scrub Tech Job Responsibilities:
- Assists surgeons with surgical procedures within the operating room under the direct supervision of a registered nurse to include conveying sterile instruments and supplies used in basic to complex surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of sterile techniques, instrumentation, equipment, and sterile field setup including sterilization methods.
- Supports physician’s surgical practice in a variety of procedures including a specialty in the operating room.
- Ensures accurate count of sponges, needles, and instruments used in all procedures at all times.
Surgical Scrub Tech Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent; Graduate of accredited Surgical Technology program or clinical-based program
- Six (6) months experience in an operating room or ambulatory surgery unit
- One (1) year OR experience desired
- Current BLS
- CORT or CST desired
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of Sterilization techniques and Operating Room instruments and supplies
- Training in Anatomy and Physiology
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Robotic surgery program named a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Breast Centers since 2015
- 2016-2018 Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety
- Named to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Best Places to work since 2008
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.