Registered Nurse, Progressive Care Unit, (PCU), Full-Time job, Days
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join our Progressive Care Unit (PCU) in Albuquerque, NM.
This full-time job is located at Heart Hospital of New Mexico at Lovelace Medical Center. New Mexico’s only hospital dedicated exclusively to cardiovascular care, including the State’s only facility to do left ventricular assist device (LVAD) implant, and a cutting-edge hybrid operating room where surgeons can perform advanced surgical services for Cardiovascular patients.
Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for the practice of Professional Nursing, including leadership of the patient care and staff during assigned shifts, for the department in his/her charge.
- Supports the mission, values, goals and strategic direction of the unit, hospital and system.
- Manages efficient patient flow, appropriate use of supplies and other operational functions.
- Collaborates with the unit managers and/or directors in developing and revising unit policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Serves as departmental liaison and first line of contact with patients, providers and staff.
- Leads day to day operations in achievement of department goals.
Registered Nurse Education and Experience Job Requirements:
- Graduation from and accredited school of Nursing , RN program required
- BSN preferred
- Valid NM Nursing license or NM compact license (within 90 days of hire)
- Required certifications for the area of practice
- National Certification in area of clinical specialty preferred
- One year of clinical leadership experience preferred
- BLS, ACLS; PALS may be required
- American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline Heart Attack Receiving Center Accreditation
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation by Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- American College of Cardiology’s NCDR ACTION Registry- GWTG Silver Performance Award
- Hybrid room finalist for NAIOP Awards of Excellence
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.