Hillcrest HealthCare System (HHS) is a comprehensive health system with approximately 5,000 employees that serves the communities of eastern Oklahoma. HHS includes nine hospitals throughout Eastern Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Heart Institute, and Utica Park Clinic.
Hillcrest Hospital Cushing has one mission: to Change Lives for the better, together!
This means that every employee - from the bedside to the boardroom - works together to make Hillcrest the best place to be for our visitors, our patients and our team members. We are proud to offer high-quality care in a friendly and collaborative environment, right here at home.
We welcome you to take the next step to join our highly skilled team of health care professionals who value Our Way of Changing Lives with Respect, Compassion, Responsibility and Accountability.
What You’ll Do
The House Supervisor, under the supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer, is responsible for the nursing care of patients seeking Hillcrest Cushing services. The house supervisor is responsible for overseeing hospital flow on a designated shift. He/she confers with nursing staff, physicians and other department personnel as necessary to meet the needs of patients. He/she should have a working knowledge and practice of the nursing process and demonstrate skill in techniques of good patient care. He/she must be willing to serve as a resource person for fellow employees and possess an understanding that each assigned area must work as a part of the team. Informs the hospital administrator on call of any situation that may require attention.
• Follow directions and perform work according to job requirements. Perform duties with little or no supervision.
• Shows initiative to reduce costs whenever possible.
• Use/refer to policy and/or procedure manuals and other reference materials to determine proper course of action in daily business operations.
• Assess a situation, consider alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
• Maintain a cost conscious attitude to time usage, materials and supplies.
• Not allow personal conflicts to interfere with work performance.
• Promote teamwork, maintaining effective working relationships within the department, between departments and outside the hospital.
• Interact to achieve goals while respecting individual differences by being receptive and responsive to others; ideas and opinions.
What You’ll Bring
• A graduate of an accredited nursing school.
• Must maintain a current certification in BLS, ACLS, PALS, and NIHSS. NRP preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities; able to work under stressful situations. Possesses good oral and written communication skills. A demonstrated ability in interpersonal relationships which enhances communication, promotes conflict resolutions, and facilitates staff development.
• Desirable characteristics include at least three years of experience as an RN. Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
• Must possess a current Oklahoma License as a Registered Nurse.
What We Offer
• Competitive pay
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance?
• 401k with Company match
• Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
• Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank?
• Tuition Reimbursement