We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join our Neonatal Transitional Nurse Family Birthing Center Per Diem Nights Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Neonatal Transitional Nurse is responsible for the care and evaluation of the Baby during its transition to extra uterine life. This care is delivered for the Baby in Labor and Delivery and care continues in the Mother and Baby Unit. This Specialized Nursing provides support for the patient and their family all through the transition period and is responsible for coordinating all information and care to the team of Physicians and Allied Health Care professionals.
This Per Diem Nights job is located at Lovelace Women’s Hospital, the first and only hospital in New Mexico dedicated to women’s health, offers a 53-bed advanced neonatal intensive care unit, a natural birthing center, an award-winning breast care center and the first robotic surgery program in the state recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation.
- Assesses, develops, plans, implements, and evaluates care for the neonate (>36wks gestation) after delivery during its transition to extra uterine life.
- Reviews maternal medical and obstetric conditions influencing newborn adaptation.
- Utilizes thorough assessment skills and knowledge of the interaction amongst the respiratory, cardiovascular, thermoregulatory, and immunologic systems as they undergo significant physiologic changes during the transition from fetal to neonatal life.
- Ability to recognize alterations from normal transition. Proficient in neonatal resuscitation skills.
- Assists the primary nurse at delivery in assigning APGARs, facilitating early and frequent skin-to-skin care, and initiating early breastfeeding or expression of breast milk.
- Assists the primary nurse as she completes newborn identification procedures.
- Completes the initial head-to-toe assessment on the neonate.
- Obtains neonatal vital signs and measurements (weight, length, head circumference) according to Protocol.
- Collaborates with nursing and medical personnel in Labor & Delivery, Mother Baby, and NICU to evaluate and improve patient outcomes.
- Obtains neonatal vital signs and measurements (weight, length, head circumference) per protocol.
- Responsible and accountable for the practice of Professional Nursing, to include patient care and staff management assigned to the RN in his/her charge.
- May serve in the role of Charge Nurse and is accountable for professional practice.
- And, other duties assigned.
- Associate's Degree or Diploma of Nursing
- Desired: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- One (1) year of Nursing experience
- Desired: Two (2) years of minimum experience in Parinatal nursing preferred
- Valid NM RN License or valid multi-state compact license
- Current BLS, NRP (can be obtained on the floor)
Lovelace Women’s Hospital nationally recognized as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek
Lovelace Women’s Hospital was named to Newsweek’s 2020 List of Best Maternity Care Hospitals. The distinction recognizes facilities that have excelled in providing care to mothers, newborns and their families, as verified by the 2019 Leapfrog Hospital Survey.
Best Maternity Care Hospitals is part of Newsweek’s Best Health Care series powered by data from The Leapfrog Group.
“We are very Proud to have been included in an elite group of hospitals from across the country,” said Sheri Milone, CEO of Lovelace Women’s Hospital. “As New Mexico’s first and only hospital dedicated to women’s health, we are committed to having the highest standards of care and patient safety for mothers and babies in our state.”
To learn more about Lovelace Women’s Hospital and its commitment to providing quality and compassionate care, please visit www.lovelace.com.
- Robotic surgery program named a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Breast Centers since 2015
- 2016-2018 Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety
- Named to Modern Healthcare’s 100 Best Places to work 2008- 201, 2019.
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses