Who We Are
Hillcrest HealthCare System (HHS) is a comprehensive health system with over 6,000 employees who serve the communities of eastern Oklahoma. HHS includes nine hospitals throughout Eastern Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Heart Institute, and Utica Park Clinic.
Hillcrest Hospital South is a 180 bed acute care hospital with a history of providing state-of-the-art technology in a friendly, community setting that is easy to navigate. With more than 1000 employees and 700 physicians, we provide a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services for all ages including emergency, intensive care, stroke, cardiology, maternity, orthopedics and surgery.
We welcome you to take the next step to join our highly skilled team of health care professionals who value Our Way of Changing Lives with Respect, Compassion, Responsibility and Accountability.
What You'll Do
This position will be accountable for workers compensation in conjunction with the hospitals TPA. The Employee Health RN must be able to function independently in accordance with the hospitals rules and regulations. This position will oversee the employee health process including new hires: TB, immunizations, flu shots, drug screens and fit for duty status.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all customers
- Perform annual and new hire TB testing
- Perform annual and new hire FIT testing
- Performs all pre-employment physicals & reports fit for duty clearance to HR
- Facilitates annual flu clinic & employee compliance
- Provides and reviews all immunizations for new and current employees in accordance to hospital policy
- Performs drug screens at time of hire and with current employees when necessary as directed by HR
- Verifies employee return to work status after a leave for illness or injury
- Order supplies as needed
- Maintain and enter employee and WC records in Midas
- Assess trends with employee illness with infection control as needed
- Reports Employee Health statistics per state requirements
- Reports monthly data to TPA and/or corporate as needed
- Works in conjunction with TPA and HR on work comp cases
- Assigns and manages light duty employees
- Assess and monitor WC trends and safety hazards, educate staff with current equipment and/or resources
- Education: Associates or Bachelors in Nursing
- Experience: Former employee health/WC experience preferred
- Licensure: Current OK RN licensure required
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement and career development opportunities