Population Health ~Utica Park Clinic ~RN Care Coordinator~ South Sheridan
Utica Park Clinic (UPC) is part of Ardent Health Services, based in Nashville, Tennessee. Ardent makes considerable investments in people, technology, facilities, and communities, producing high quality care and extraordinary results.
Utica Park Clinic is the physicians group of Hillcrest HealthCare System. With over 60 locations throughout northeastern Oklahoma, most patients enjoy the convenience of a location that is close to home. UPC patients have consistently given top ratings (98% patient satisfaction scores) for the quality of care they receive. When choosing a healthcare provider, you can be confident that you'll find a good match at Utica Park Clinic.
UPC Population Health is currently looking for a member to join our team! The Care Manager (RN) will report directly to the Office Manager and will be accountable for incorporating social work within the Population Health System.
Want to make a difference? The ideal team member will:
- Contribute to the development, modification and implementation of the patient’s individualized care plan for designated patient panel(s) – high risk patients.
- Provide individualized evidence based care coordination / management for patients with identified needs in collaboration with the PCP and health care team members.
- Work with patients and families (may include phone contacts / face-to-face visits, other means of communication as approved by patient) to develop and foster ongoing professional relationship, patient engagement and patient centered care:
- Coordinate care across the care continuum by acting as liaison, and working collaboratively with care team in the best interest of the patient.
- Document patient contacts, care provided, education, and communication with other providers regarding patient care in the patient’s EMR (EPIC), Phytel, or registry.
- Demonstrate collaboration with the leadership team as needed to assist in development of objectives and processes by engaging providers and staff; collaboration and coordination of information and education; and development of nursing care management processes.
- Participate in performance improvement activities and system improvements to achieve goals. Assist with creation of reports and presentations regarding current activities in patient centered care and quality improvement.
- Utilize and interpret patient data from EPIC EMR, Phytel, payer information and other resources for quality improvement activities, identification of high risk patients, gaps in care, preventive health needs, utilization review/management and other pertinent patient related information.
- Will demonstrate effective teaching techniques, applying adult learning principles.
- Participate in meetings with practice level healthcare teams, patient care coordinators, quality improvement committee, and other meetings/committees as requested.
- Participate in continuing education activities as required to build on knowledge base (may include: webinars, self-directed learning, conferences, and hands-on learning).
Want to be a part of our team? Qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree
- Current Oklahoma License – Registered Nurse
- Prefer medical/surgical or geriatrics background with at least one year physician office experience (adult/family medicine), Quality Improvement, Case manager, Utilization Review, Risk Management/Safety experience a plus.
Individuals within this job classification are accountable for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting patient related care activities in accordance with UPC standards in order to deliver efficient, effective and quality patient care. The patient care coordinator – RN will be expected to adhere to and abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
The Care Manager will:
- Work with a multi-disciplinary healthcare team to provide patient centered care across the health care continuum for all patients within the medical practice.
- Assist in the delivery of timely preventive care, care coordination and management across the medical neighborhood.
- Collaborate with physicians and mid-level providers and the office staff to assist in identifying the needs of complex (high risk) patients.
- Assist the practice to develop processes for improving management of the patient population in relation to patient centered care and PCMH objectives.
- Be a leader in change and serve as a resource to clinical staff and medical providers by providing positive staff support and education related to quality goals.
Success will be measured by results of process and outcome performance of the patient population and achievement of the quality goals and milestones of the comprehensive primary care initiative.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The Care Manager will:
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and convey complex information, using critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate effective, professional, tactful and appropriate written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills with patients and family members, medical staff, colleagues, other departments and vendors.
- Demonstrate effective teaching techniques applying adult learning principles.
- Be proficient in computer keyboarding and software applications including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Be proficient in use of the EMR (EPIC) and population health management tools.
- Be knowledgeable of physician office practice, patient care medical home requirements, preventive health maintenance, national evidence based guidelines, patient safety, and case management.
- Have knowledge of quality improvement processes, staff development, and patient safety.
- Promote and support the implementation and monitoring of system policies and guidelines, OSHA regulations, and other state and federal laws or regulations.
How do you get considered to be a part of our team? It is easy!
Click "Apply Now"